Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whyme00

why is everyone

when i thought derms gave you free samples of the name brand stuff every month.. it cost me like 40 bucks a month thats it. and i have a 6 month plan. when u have no insurance i thought they just gave it to u for free. im 2 months in and face looking way better. breakouts r stopping i have one healing right now all rest r marks healing up.

to get it for free you have to apply to roche...It seems like they are pretty cool about it though. You think they would be with all the money they make. DAMN PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES!!!

If you think accutane is expensive. Wait until you price out scar treatments. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

if you are wondering why people find it expensive, without insurance or selfmedicating, an 80mg a day course for 5 months will cost $1200. thats not pocket change buddy. with insurance its like 25 a month for me for the real thing, 10 or 15 for generic.

wow with my parents insurance comp its only $10 a month for sotret but for brand name accutane they said it would be $250 a month...so yeah ill be going with the sotret lol

when i thought derms gave you free samples of the name brand stuff every month.. it cost me like 40 bucks a month thats it. and i have a 6 month plan. when u have no insurance i thought they just gave it to u for free. im 2 months in and face looking way better. breakouts r stopping i have one healing right now all rest r marks healing up.

Obviously you don't know what you are talking about, as Accutane isn't sampled out, and the manufacturer does not give it out for free.

Obviously you don't know what you are talking about, as Accutane isn't sampled out, and the manufacturer does not give it out for free.

Actually, I would bet that Roche would work something out with you if you took the time to contact them. First, you would have to be a real viable canadidate for Accutane - that is somebody is severe acne, scarring, etc; along with a doctor willing to vouch for your condition, and work with you during your course. Second, you would have to be able to prove your monetary situation prohibits you from affording an Accutane treatment. Third, you would have to dedicate yourself to spending a lot of time communicating with people at Roche to work out the arrangement. If you did qualify and did do all three steps, and found a doctor, I could almost guarantee that Roche would provide you with Accutane for free or a nomial amount. Needlesstosay, they only give out free prescriptions like this because there are so few people out there who would actually qualify for these conditions, and even fewer who would go through all the hassle to get the free drugs.

hah i totally missed that, yea no such thing as an accutane handout, and accutane doesnt work in 2 months.

Roche does have a patient assistance program -- at least they do in the US -- where they do give away Accutane to people who can't afford it.

http://www.rocheusa.com/programs/patientassist.asp

Actually, I would bet that Roche would work something out with you if you took the time to contact them. First, you would have to be a real viable canadidate for Accutane - that is somebody is severe acne, scarring, etc; along with a doctor willing to vouch for your condition, and work with you during your course. Second, you would have to be able to prove your monetary situation prohibits you from affording an Accutane treatment. Third, you would have to dedicate yourself to spending a lot of time communicating with people at Roche to work out the arrangement. If you did qualify and did do all three steps, and found a doctor, I could almost guarantee that Roche would provide you with Accutane for free or a nomial amount. Needlesstosay, they only give out free prescriptions like this because there are so few people out there who would actually qualify for these conditions, and even fewer who would go through all the hassle to get the free drugs.

Roche *used* to do that, but they don't anymore.

BTW - I've gotten quite a few persons on free accutane over the years, so I know how the program works - or used to work....

Roche does have a patient assistance program -- at least they do in the US -- where they do give away Accutane to people who can't afford it.

http://www.rocheusa.com/programs/patientassist.asp

We were informed, by Roche no less, that they have discontinued the patient assistance program. Why they still have a page on their site dedicated to this is beyond me. Maybe they reinstated it while I took the summer off....

guys my derms just giving it to me himself they have the stuff in the office somewere and he just gives it to me for free.its supposed to be samples or something. roche has nothing to do with it. plus 1200 in 5 months is nothing fuck i make that in 1 week. i can afford it but its nice to get it free. anway accutane can work in two months.. thats about the time most people start clearing up totally.

I can almost assure everyone that Roche does have some type of assistance program for those who cannot afford "necessary" prescription drugs. Drug companies have an acknowledged obligation to provide "social" assistance to those who do require it. These programs are one way drug companies are able to defend their ridiculously high prices for presciption drugs.

That said, for Westerns to have access to these programs the onus is on the individual to prove their need - both medical and economic. 99.9% of people will not qualify. Now for cancer drugs, AIDS drugs, I can see a larger number people needing assistance. Some of those drugs are absurdly expensive; and those are debilitating afflictions which inhibit your ability to "make" money. However, with Accutane, the vast vast majority of people in America should be able to afford it. While you may have to sacrifice to afford it, you won't go hungry. Fortunetly, my prescription is covered 100% Regardless, yesterday was the first time I filled it and it would have only cost $120 Cdn. Therefore, a whole course of treatment (factoring in a higher dosage in later months) would be $1000. If you cannot honestly afford $1000 over 5 months - even if you have to borrow from family and friends - your having a bad run at life.

I can almost assure everyone that Roche does have some type of assistance program for those who cannot afford "necessary" prescription drugs.

They do have such a program, but several months ago a few posters contacted them to try to get Accutane this way, and they were told that Accutane is no longer included in the program.

When I first started Accutane my derm gave me 2 weeks worth of samples they had in the office (they were about to expire so they wanted to get rid of them...but they did have samples).

After that, my dose has been 80 mg. a day and at my pharmacy a 30 day supply for Accutane would cost $746.00. Thank God I have insurance and only have to pay a $30 co-pay. Too bad if they did stop the patient assistance program, I'm sure there are plenty of people without insurance unable to pay that much a month for meds.