Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chopsui

My Log to Clear Skin

Well, I started the regimen about 3 days ago and decided it would be nice to keep logs of my progress. I just got off Proactiv since it kept me somewhat clear but never completely clear. I found this regimen and I'm going to follow it and hope for the best. Here's a picture I took today of my acne. (Yeah its not very smiley maybe because its 3:40am and i have school soon.)

IPB Image

Picture from the front: Day two of the regimen

IPB Image

Side shot, day Two of the regimen.

I'll probably post every couple of days or so, because results don't happen over night.

I haven't really seen the initial flare up because most likely my skin is already used to BP from proactiv. I have an active life style, I work out and eat a high protein, high carb, high calorie diet. I'm 16, 5'11". Feel free to comment my regimen:

Morning, 6:30. Shave with Norelco electric razor, Wash face with purpose cleansing bar, Pat dry with a towel, leave to dry for ~2 minutes. When my face is completely dry i apply one finger's worth of BP Gel all over my face and gently rub my hands/fingers over my skin. About 5 minutes later I apply the Neutrogena Oil-Free SPF 15 moisturizer.

Night: 7:00 After Working out: Wash face again with purpose cleansing bar, Pat dry with a towel, leave to dry for ~2 minutes. When my face is completely dry i apply one finger's worth of BP Gel all over my face and gently rub my hands/fingers over my skin. About 5 minutes later I apply the Neutrogena Oil-Free SPF 15 moisturizer.

Question: When should I be switching to the Eucerin moisturizer?

Sorry for the long post: I'm going to study for a test now.

Later,

Ryan

Hey, second log entry. Well whenever I apply the moisturizer, it doesnt absorb correctly or something- causing it to kind of clump up, maybe I'm using too much? I use 4 squirts. Just recently the BP gel started to give my face a burning sensation when I apply it. It's just uncomfortable, not unbearable. Strange this would happen 4 days into the regimen. Anyway: I think a few new pimples formed below my chin but on my cheek, forehead, and chin there's nothin new. I was just wondering to myself why are we supposed to only wash for 10 seconds? I usually end up taking 15-20 because when I wash for 10 it feels like I haven't done anything. I took some pictures but theyre not different from the first two- I might post pictures every week or so, but its only been two days. Well this is day six of the regimen, almost at the one-week mark.

On a side note: The moisturizer I use is neutrogena spf 15 (the one dan recommends for starters of the regimen)

Anyway- Today I also noticed that my existing pimples got bigger white heads..gay. Well thats pretty much it for today.

EDIT::

OK MY SKIN IS HELLA FLAKEY! MUST EXFOLIATE!!!

Little update before I sleep, well right above and right below my red pimple in the first pictures, are two new pimples. Its like a line of 3 pimples... its not so bad and I realised that the BP only burns when its around the sides of my nose...so yea now I'll just wait for the effects...

P.S. my moisturizer still sucks

Well it's day 8... I'm starting to see some improvement, I think it's time to move onto eucerin since neutrogena moisturizer doesn't work too well. New pictures today, not very many whiteheads, and the 5-6 I have are really small, just red spots- grr

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hehe, slowly clearing, I'll get my camera back from a friend in a few days ( He had a photo project due ).

Btw, I'm pretty stressed because I missed a week of school, in these past 2 days I've done enough work that equals a week of normal school...and guess what: friday and the weekend arent even relaxing days since my sat is on SATURDAY!! Yes, Nov 4... I'm gonna spend friday studying, lets hope my SAT prep classes pay off.

Btw- I just looked at my pictures damn i look freaking drunk or stoned or something, what was wrong with me when i took those! I dont smoke or drink though, haha