Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
troubledface

I was just wondering....

I wondering if all this stuff we are doing to our faces, like burning it with topicals and over drying it and taking antibiotics,all this stuff from perscriptions, are we going to look old and wrinkley by the time we are 30?

i mean i dont know about you but ive put my skin through a lot.

what do you think?

i still look amazingly young.

I heard about this stuff making you look younger, especially since youre told to avoid the sun.

Guest mishmosh
I've been doing it for half my life and I'm 35. I am told I look like I'm in my 20's. :doubt:

looking young? life's a bitch!

I wondering if all this stuff we are doing to our faces, like burning it with topicals and over drying it and taking antibiotics,all this stuff from perscriptions, are we going to look old and wrinkley by the time we are 30?

i mean i dont know about you but ive put my skin through a lot.

what do you think?

I'm 35 and I get told that I look like younger than my age as well (maybe they're just being nice..haha). Seriously, I was concerned about the same thing, but I don't notice wrinkles in my skin much at all -- and I would notice. I notice every little flaw on my face.

yeah............... I am totally different that you all. i feel like my skin has been through too much hell to ever look "young" again. I mean, I have wrinkles under my eyes, I have horrible dark circles, I have persistent dryness around my nose that flakes continually, and my skin texture is blotchy and discolored. Unless I get some serious procedures like a chemical peel I don't think I will ever look the same as I did before my acne got out of control, and before I took accutane.

But then if I get a chemical peel it will take years for the redness to fade, if it ever fades. My skin is shitty, but at least its clear of acne since I took accutane. But it still isn't perfect enough for what I want.

Cindy, would you rather have a face full of ice pick scars that you have to "fill" with makeup? If you look after your skin with what the derm tells you to use and most of all....stay OUT of the sun and TANNING beds! Drink tons of water, eat a healthy diet, and don't drink or smoke. Sometimes aging skin is a result of a lifestyle and not much to do with treating acne.

Every single day I think about how BP is supposed to prematurely age my skin. It concerns me because it's the main acne medicine I've used over the course of my life, and what I still use now 1x/day as maintenance (Proactiv cleanser and lotion). I always use moisturizer in the day though, and it's Olay Total Effects which is an anti-aging complex, so that must be good. I also use Olay Replenishing Night Cream around my eyes every single night, because I'm so paranoid about my eyes drying up and wrinkling. So, I guess all I can do is wait and see...I'm only 23...and honestly, I'm not about to give up my BP. Having clear skin is important to me!

Mae

You shouldn't be putting any BP product close to your eyes, so why would the skin surrounding your eyes dry out?

I've been doing it for half my life and I'm 35. I am told I look like I'm in my 20's. :doubt:

looking young? life's a bitch!

This ---> :doubt: is the "doubt" emoticon. If you hit it, it will even say "doubt" in between colons. It is usually mistaken for anger.

Anyway, I was saying I don't believe them that I look young.