Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I wax my eyebrows at a salon. It's the best thing ever! It doesnt hurt as much as youd think, they leave them so perfect...I could never leave them that way. But man, they get EVERY last baby hair. It works for me!

i get my eyebrows "stringed" where i go to a salon and they use thread to pull the hairs out--it hurts a LOT but not more than waxing or plucking, and it looks VERY clean, and doesnt put a bunch of crap on ur face--AND waxing can give u wrinkles later on as well!

I get mine waxed every few months just to get them shaped and maintain with plucking at home. Use an ice cube to numb the area a bit if the plucking bothers you.

everyone has those fine hairs on their faces that are impossible to pluck out one by one, even after you've gotten rid of the main eyebrow hairs. And because we're both fair asians, our fine hair looks darker. So, I do what you just said: I pluck the main hairs and then bleach the rest. I've been doing it for years. It looks pretty good.

I get mine waxed but a word of advice, make sure you go to a good salon to get it done. I know of one girl who went to a "new place" and they ended up causing some damage to her eyes because in the middle of waxing one of the eyebrows she went and answered the phone.

Hi,

You mustn't use hair removal cream on your eye brows. Not only is it an alkaline chemical which will eat away at the proteins in the skin, but it is unruly and can cause an uneven finish.

I recommend getting your eye brows done professionally at a salon once a month and maintaining them weekly at home by plucking any stray hairs.

I don't recommend waxing above the brow because it would result in a very artificial finish.

If you try and bleach the hairs around your eye brows, the cream would be quite unruly and you might end up bleaching your brows unevenly resulting in a bad finish.

Fine hairs are not noticable, and everyone has them - so don't worry.

1. Do not use hair removal creams anywhere near your eyes!! If those creams can weaken the hair fibre think what it can do to your eyes!

2. Find a salon that does threading - it feels like plucking but it's precise, doesn't pull your skin like waxing. They do the hair between your eyes too! Tweezing you can do but,as an obsessive eyebrow plucker, I find that tweezing leaves all the fine hairs out! I just go get them threaded every 2 or 3 months and maintain with tweezers in between. Get Tweezerman tweezers with the slanted edge - expensive but worth every penny!

3. If you choose to wax, try to find someone skilled. If they pull the wax off slowly, then it will cause your skin to sag. If they pull it off quickly, then it's less likely (not avoidable but postponable - ok not a word but you know what I mean!) I know because now I dont' need sunglasses because my eyelids are like hoods over my eyes! hahaha

I get mine waxed every 2 months (im a guy and if i dont i grow a unibrow.....but i have em tough up my eyebrows and shape em a bit, but not girly). IT doesnt hurt at all to me....i am so used to it. Only problem i have with it is when i have acne right on the brows and it hurts like a sucka when they wax and dont realize they've popped a zit

yea.. i wanna get my eyebrows done (im a guy).. but like.. im afraid theyll shape it wrong.. sumtimes i shape them wrong wen i pluck them.. do i pick a shape or will they just do it.. and where should i go.. sum babrbor shops have them but i dunno if i can trust them.. and i dunt want thin grl eyebrows u kno.. if ne1 has advice it would be great

Hi,

If you find a salon in a reputable place, as for the head beauty therapist. Talk to her and ask her to do your eye brows in a subtle and masculine way.

Good luck.

pluck your eyebrows after a shower that way your pores will be opened up more, so that when you remove the hair, it doesn't hurt as much. I find that using an icecube to numb the area doesn't help. I don't recommend using hair removal cream because it might get in your eyes, and anything that smells as bad as removal cream, wouldn't be that great for your legs, let alone your eyes.

Guest june

plucking is best for acned skin...the best tweezers out there is rubis...super sharp and will get every single hair out...better than tweezermans. most places do not carry this swiss made brand so if you don't live in europe or ny go to blisslab.com and order them through there...expensive, but i have had mine for 5 year and get it sharpened twice a year. hair removal creams? blah!

I pluck my eyebrows, but always shave the area between them, cause plucking there ALWAYS makes pimples come. Shaving there has been perfect for me...

I dont' find threading painful at all. It feels just like tweezing. But it's the best method ever - doesn't pull skin, your eyebrows look natural and you don't get the little black dots like you do from tweezing!

I get mine waxed every 10 days or so. I have very light skin and very dark hair, so I have to keep the brow area clean or you can see the hair. I do tweeze the hairs when I'm not able to get to thet salon, but I try to make it a priority to do so because not only does it keep that area hair free, the girl who does my brows is AWESOME at shaping them. I love the way they look when I'm done. I've had them threaded before too, and that works, but I prefer waxing b/c I get a much cleaner line and there's less stray hairs left behind. If you are tweezing and there are still hairs left behind, you might want to try waxing or threading since it's quick and effective. Good luck biggrin.gif

Hey Sweet Angel50 ~

I don't take a picture. The girl who does mine just follows my natural arch and shapes them accordingly. I imagine you could bring a picture, but you have to make sure that you are realistic with your expectations, just like you would be when getting a new hairstyle.