Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Colonel Angus

What was your doctor's explanation

I was wondering for those of you who have had expensive treatments that either didn't work or made your skin worse what was your doctor's reply? I figure they would do alot of back peddling or not call you back.

I was wondering for those of you who have had expensive treatments that either didn't work or made your skin worse what was your doctor's reply? I figure they would do alot of back peddling or not call you back.

"OOPS"!! :think::wall:

After my 4 disasterous smoothbeam treatments were finished, my doctor told me I'd probably need at least 2 more to get REAL results, but I would have to pay extra :dance::doh:

Guest james11

After my 4 disasterous smoothbeam treatments were finished, my doctor told me I'd probably need at least 2 more to get REAL results, but I would have to pay extra :dance::doh:

That is robbery, they should be accountable. But i guess you sign a disclaimer!

*A month and half after my laser treatment*

me: I think the laser made my skin breakout. Now whenever I get a pimple it leaves a dent.

derm: The laser doesn't cause scarring.

me: Another thing. After the laser, brownish crusts formed all over me face, and when they came off, it left indents.

derm: I don't see anything. It looks like your face has some old skin. Would you like a chemical peel?

me: *thinking WTF!?!* errr..... no

derm: A chemical peel will help the appearance of your face.

me: I have scars left over from the acne I got recently. *pointing to several new scars on my face* I think the laser made my skin scar much easier, because before I didn't have as much acne as I do now and whenever I got a pimple it wouldn't leave a scar. But after I got the laser here, my skin scars easily!!

derm: *squinting his eyes* I don't see any scars. Your skin is fine.

me: *thinking ARE YOU BLIND!! Is this why your office is always so dimly lit!?!* The scars are here!! *pointing again to several scars*

derm: The laser doesn't cause scars. I don't see any scars. You look fine. *heads for the door* Would you like the chemical peel?

me: No...

derm: Okay, you can head up to the front desk. If you decide that you want the chemical peel, call us back.

This derm was an absolute LIAR!! Ruined my face, caused scars and won't take any responsibility! He was a JERK!! An absolute A$$!!!

Of course theres treatments that work. It's not necessarily the treaements, there's other things involved such as the technique used, the skill of the physician, how people react to treatments due to their biochemistry. There are just so many factors involved and thats why the acne scar revision process is long. Its not a fast and easy process. I just don't like it when people on this board say theres no treatments because thats like saying theres no hope. Thats not true, we all have hope to improve our scarring and skin we just need to figure out the best way. :D

Rich people probably have better things to do than worry about their scarring. And some do have their scars fixed ie Brad Pitt. Cameron Diaz's scarring is not that bad and maybe she has gotten spmething done, you just don't know it.

But please keep in mind one thing, scarring just doesn't bother some people. It bothers us but some people are not phased by it. People for the most part have some sort of imperfections on their faces. Due to the fact that first we had to suffer with acne then were left behind scars, makes our lives more succeptible to revolve around our skin and wanting to have nicer skin.

Wow, I feel for you Lexy and Sadcat. It seems like some people have no conscience and will take your money regardless. I think alot of derms know tricks to take people's money like some of the more worthless microdermabrasion treatments that they know will not work but at least it won't damage your skin too much. High paid con artists I am sure most of them are aware of what they are doing to people.

Sadcat, I'm sorry. What type of laser was used?

It was the VBeam laser. I don't wanna give out too many details just in case the derm and his assistants lurk these forums. :shifty: Cuz he's a rather well known dermologist here where I live. PM me if you want his name. :evil:

Wow, I feel for you Lexy and Sadcat. It seems like some people have no conscience and will take your money regardless. I think alot of derms know tricks to take people's money like some of the more worthless microdermabrasion treatments that they know will not work but at least it won't damage your skin too much. High paid con artists I am sure most of them are aware of what they are doing to people.

Thanks for your comment Colin! Helps me realize how the world really is.

As a person who was raised with some morals, it's difficult for me to understand the mindset of swindlers, players, con artists, etc. Call me naive but, I just can't understand what would make those lying docs screw people over and not give a damn. Whatever they do just sounds too selfish and messed up. Just like in the case with Lexy, Smoothbeam wasn't working but the doc still kept pushing Smoothbeam on her. C'mon, what's wrong with those docs!?! They seem to forget other people have precious lives too.

I was so disgusted with my dermabrasion,I didn't even go back for my follow up visit.

I am so sorry if you guys feel ripped off from a professional. Truth is I've read a lot of people's testimonials from tons of different procedures for acne scarring and it just seems like I haven't read one success story to date. Do you guys remember the topic about The Makeover's episode on a guy who was sentenced to prison for a crime he didn't commit? When Dna-CLeared him he got a whole buncha things done to his face (acne scars) and when he came out it was still very noticeable.

Some celebrities who's whole career is based on their good looks have visible scars. Cameron Diaz is a hottie, and hers are visible time to time. How come rich people have the same problems we have? (Such as acne/acne scarring) I don't think there is any treatment out that works yet.

But, i'm sure in the next 10 years or so you can expect a buncha new ones. (options that is)

Fuck yeah theres treatments that work. I have never noticed cameron Diaz has any acne scars or if she does they are not noticable enough to really mention. The guy on the extreme makeover did have terrible skin to begin with and smoothed a lot. THe pix really didnt focus on his acne scars or show the amount of improvement. Plus trhat was all within 3 months time.

I will bet u if Leonardo Dicaprio ever had acne scars he would do something about it. Why owuld any celeb risk so much to rid themselves of a few very tiny acne scars. No celebs have really noticable scars or if they do they are usually a character actor like a bad guy or something in action movies. They also probably go on accutane and do whatever at the first sign of acne.

My aunt fixed her face with a single dermabrasion and she had really bad skin to begin with. There are tons of people that have fixed their faces, unfortunately on a site like this one most of the people are either still here because their scarring was really bad anbd their still not happy, or they had their treatments mess up their face worse. this is probably a minority of the amount of people that have treatments and see good results. Its the same for different medications, some work for some people some dont at all and some make oyur skin worse.

peace

I really never noticed acne scars on Brad Pitt or Cameron Diaz...I think there are alot more sucessful dermabrasions than this forum suggest.I also know there is no such thing as 100% improvement.No doctor has ever claimed that.I would love to see before and after pictures of Pitt and Diaz, without makeup,in the same lighting conditions.People that were please with their procedures probably aren't posting here.I'm probably gonna stop because I really don't think the scars can really flatten much from here and I know of no way to replace flat scars with new skin.The same questions seem to be asked over and over.