Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scorpio8647

Would working out aka Bodybuilding..

I was seriously thinking about working out more & getting bigger. Not just because of acne but I feel like a change.. Maybe getting in shape may help my face even. I hardly have acne, but I got bad hyperpigmentation & marks to remind me of the horrible acne I had. They're not bad, but alot are faded & it doesn't seem to go away. Overall, I'm not as obessesed with my face as I used to be. I'm not working out just because of my skin, I liked to get bigger, since I am skinny anyway...

I was seriously thinking about working out more & getting bigger. Not just because of acne but I feel like a change.. Maybe getting in shape may help my face even. I hardly have acne, but I got bad hyperpigmentation & marks to remind me of the horrible acne I had. They're not bad, but alot are faded & it doesn't seem to go away. Overall, I'm not as obessesed with my face as I used to be. I'm not working out just because of my skin, I liked to get bigger, since I am skinny anyway...

hmm...not drastically but it will make you look and feel better overall. Go for it and stick with it, you won't regret it.

ive always thought that sweating makes it all to go away from ur face but u say u dont have acne nemore so it may not help ur skin but ur body ;)

Getting bigger requires taking supplements. Most commonly used supp's are, Creatine, NO, and Whey protien. All those are fine , but once you start "cycling" your hormones will go bonkers and your face/body will break out all over(that happend to me). I remember recently just taking all the supps for months then dropping everything without slowly cycling off them and my skin payed for it big time!

So all I can say is, SLOWLY cycle onto/off these supp's if you are going to take them. If you jump right into all these at once your skin will pay.

all you need is good food, good sleep, lots of water, and whey protein for supplementation.

hey man if you have a pool do 50 laps a day. push ups, run or bike, sit ups, and get a curl bar to work out your arms. chicks dig a buff body dude!

ehhh working out will only probably make your body in general look better... not sure about the face. in the most part, ive heard that working out breaks you out, but it doesnt for me.

Guest Mr K

Everyone is different, Gyming never broke me out.. never! neither did supplements.

ABSOLUTELY, COMPLETELY, AMAZINGLY, NO

JUST KIDDING. YES.

as long as you take a shower after.

Sweat takes out grimes, acid, and toxins from your body. That's why when it reaches your eyes, it hurts.

I stopped working out for a few months since last year. That's why I'm on this board. Now i'm starting back and i'm soon to say adios to you all.

Working out is good for you, physically and mentally. You don't actually need supplements, unless you want to get really huge, which is kinda gross, in my opinion. Lift heavy weights, at lower reps, but make sure it's enough to totally fatigue your muscles. Wait about two days before working the same group, so that the tiny tears in the muscles heal up (this is what makes them grow). I'd add a little cardio in too, just to make sure your heart is strong, but not too much so that you loose fat. If it's working, you'll notice your muscles growing, and you'll get really, really hungry (just make sure you don't pig out and eat junk)....

As far as acne goes....mine gets a little worse when I lift a lot. I get a few more pimples, but they heal pretty quickly. My skin overall looks better though. I guess since working out increases bloodflow. My skin glows and my red marks seem to fade a little faster. I'm a girl though, so maybe it has to do with increased testosterone....not sure....but it's totally worth it....Having a nice body distracts me from having a few pimples.....

Guest *Clara

Exercise actually helps your body flush toxins out more efficiently. Through skin and internal organs.