Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chickenfever

Actually, I'm sort of a late follower. I just started it about two weeks ago, and it seems to be working pretty well, much to my surprise.

I plan on keeping it up.

Jen

I just started it a few days ago. I think it's helping some, but it's too early to tell for sure. I am encouraged by all the dead skin I pull off my face, even after I exfoliate, and it doesn't irritate my skin at all. I will let you know how it works out after a few weeks.

I do the tape method every day before I apply my make up. It's great :D very underated :D

i still use this method too. i do it before applying lotion before bed. i wake up and my skin always looks a bit better. i thank maya for this method. :)

This has been driving me crazy... what is the tape method.... You put duck tape on your face or soemthing to get dead skin or something???

Guest Tracy

I'm still doing it, also.........I've sworn off scrubs to exfoliate because the tape method is SOOO much gentler to my skin yet extremely effective. Yes, I second that thank you to Maya for this method!! :)/

Guest Tracy

SCORPIO-- Hope this helps.........

Q: What is the tape method of exfoliation?

A: This is a method whereby a piece of scotch/gift tape is applied to the surface of the skin and then gently removed. Once the tape is removed there may be pieces of dead skin that remain on the tape. Take care in using harsh topicals when this method is employed, as they will most likely irritate the skin more so than if tape was not used.

For more information, check out this thread:

http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php...&highlight=tape

doh...

](*,)

today I messed up big time.

I use selloptape as its nice and sticky and effective. today it got on the thin / fragile skin under my eye and it has left a bright red / purple little line. GRR! I got one of these years ago I remember and it was temporary, so hopefully this one will be too!

I'm gutted.

Moral of the story..

be very careful not to get tape stuck on fragile skin round the eye!

doh...

be very careful not to get tape stuck on fragile skin round the eye!

I once pulled half the hairs from one eyebrow by mistake ](*,) - I live and learn.

hehe, ye I've pulled quite a few eyebrow hairs off by accident too, doh.

What could this little red / purple mark be, burst capillary of blood vessel of some kind? think it will dissapear, it looks so bad. It's so bright it's made me think maybe my red marks are fading cos they nowhere near as bad. I think maybe the only reason I think my red marks arnt improving so much is cos I notice them more now I'm using use products and Im obsessed by them.

What could this little red / purple mark be, burst capillary of blood vessel of some kind?

Just cover in a good moisteriser and it will be better in no time.

yeh user i got the exact same problem, 2 really really red marks (scars) much redder than my other normal looking marks. both of them have come from me squeezing some real big spots which i guess are called cysts. i dont know what to do about them they look so noticeable and your right it makes all the other marks look like they not even there. maya are you sure that if i put moisturiser on them they will go, didnt know moisturiser was the most unlikely thing to help something like this, could you please explain maya. they just dont seem to be fading. any other help would be appreciated. thanks, jamie.

and its not a red line like USER has its a red round mark from a cyst. i remember squeezing it as it had a whitehard and blood came out. now ive got this it aint no ordinary red mark thats whats scaring me right now its so different.

jamie - that's not the same as a red mark that we were talking about - that is you bursting a spot! You need to apply something antibacterial and leave it well alone - it's possibly still got some infection there so don't play with it or you could spread the problem.

ok thanks for the reply maya ive had one those marks for about a month now so i think that should be alright in terms of any infection but its still hasnt improved in terms of colour and the other just came from last week. when you say something antibacterial, would could u reccomend? do you think i would need to get a laser treatment on it :D