Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hjhkjhjkhkjhkjhhkhkjh

I cannot AFFORD to go on a 2nd course

I am getting very little support from my family about accutane because of it's price and side effects. The side effect convincing part, i can deal with, but not the money part.

My dad delivers pizza now and my mom works at a factory

I am not saying this so u can make fun of me, but I know very well that they will give me a very hard time if accutane doesnt work the first time and ESPECIALLY if i want to go on another course(even though i am spending my OWN money i got from working at the subway fastfood restaurant)

So please, help me out.

What are the chances of acne coming back? And is the success rate higher for ppl who doesnt have severe acne? I am currently moderate that's slowly turning severe.

I am getting very little support from my family about accutane because of it's price and side effects. The side effect convincing part, i can deal with, but not the money part.

I am not saying this so u can make fun of me, but I know very well that they will give me a very hard time if accutane doesnt work the first time and ESPECIALLY if i want to go on another course(even though i am spending my OWN money i got from working at the subway fastfood restaurant)

So please, help me out.

What are the chances of acne coming back? And is the success rate higher for ppl who doesnt have severe acne? I am currently moderate that's slowly turning severe.

I would do it. I understand how you feel. It's hard to say whether it will come back or not, but not doing anything at all is bad too. I would do it even with the chance it comes back.

So please, help me out.

I would do it. Something is better than nothing. I noticed results in my first month b/c it is still drying up your oil glands. I don't know if I can do the 4th and 5th month b/c I will be off my insurance but I am still doing it up until then and so far it has been a lot better than when I started.

Good luck.

Hey buddy,

Of course you should go on a first course. What kind of reasoning is this you're using? It's like saying, "gee, I shouldn't save this guy from drowning, because, well, what if he just drowns later on, in 5 years." You gotta give it a shot and take everything as it comes. (mmm, platitudes.)

You have an excellent chance of clearing permanently after one course at the correct dosage. Actually, statistically the chance is around 40%. And even if your acne comes back, it could be years and it will almost certainly be much less severe. By which time your parents probably won't be in the picture anymore, and you may have a job with health benefits etc.

Just don't even think about a second course. Focus on this course and making it count. If you're trying to sell this to your parents, play up the angle that Accutane is cheaper in the long run than years and years of treating a chronic acne problem.

You're paying for everything with money you earned at Subway? That's like a year's salary. Your parents don't have insurance?

Paul

So please, help me out.

yeah my parents dont have insurance

And i forgot to mention one of the reasons. My parents feel that drugs like this often have side effects that are not noticable until long term

They say that there are drugs that have severe side effects that can only be found after 20-30 yrs. Like cancer, etc...

I dont know how to convince them.. help plz

You should come to your parents and start to cry about your acne and that you cant take it anymore. tell them that acne effects you social life and its really hard for you.. My mom didnt want to let me be on tane because of the side effects, but i told her that the derm will explane everything about the side effects and then she will dicide..

good luck

mine came back and i had moderate acne. the best advice i can give you is to save up to do the right dosage. id did 40 cuz i thought that would be enough but my acne came back a year and a half later. i weigh 70 kg so i should have been on 80mgs. dont do some small dosage course, thats a waste of money.

yeah my parents dont have insurance

And i forgot to mention one of the reasons. My parents feel that drugs like this often have side effects that are not noticable until long term

They say that there are drugs that have severe side effects that can only be found after 20-30 yrs. Like cancer, etc...

I dont know how to convince them.. help plz

Well, the marketing of accutane began back in 1982. It's been almost 24 years since that date, and I know of people who took it that same year it was released who are in perfectly good health now, if that helps any.

I feel sort of the way your parents do - it's hard to tell what the long term side effects of a drug are. There's cancer all over the place and no one really knows what is causing it. I avoid all drugs unless I absolutely have to have them. But in my opinion, if you are going to put your faith in anything, it should be in a drug that has been given the most rigorous testing possible, in the public and on 12 million people already at that, which accutane has!

Since I haven't begun taking it yet I can't say anything more about it in particular about it except that I know that it's the best there is currently for getting rid of acne... you can find that info anywhere. I've tried almost everything else out there.

How much does accutane cost for a one month dose supply without insurance? Just wondering, in case down the road if I begin taking it, my insurance won't cover it either..

So please, help me out.

I have to agree with everyone else. It's well worth it whether it comes back or not. I think (at least from my experience) if it comes back it still isn't as bad as it was pre-Accutane. It is REALLY expensive though. Have you looked into how much it's going to cost you. I don't know how anyone could afford it without insurance. I know I couldn't. But then again, I don't really know your situation. If you can swing it, go for it!

I just remembered something else. There is a program where Roche will provide accutane to people with no insurance for free. I think it's only first time users though. I don't know if that is only in the US or not (I wouldn't think it would be), but you should look into that.

I would go for it. If my first course doesn't work I'm not going to take a second course anyways. Not because of the cost, but just because I don't think it is worth it (from a health perspective).

So please, help me out.

I have to agree with everyone else. It's well worth it whether it comes back or not. I think (at least from my experience) if it comes back it still isn't as bad as it was pre-Accutane. It is REALLY expensive though. Have you looked into how much it's going to cost you. I don't know how anyone could afford it without insurance. I know I couldn't. But then again, I don't really know your situation. If you can swing it, go for it!

I just remembered something else. There is a program where Roche will provide accutane to people with no insurance for free. I think it's only first time users though. I don't know if that is only in the US or not (I wouldn't think it would be), but you should look into that.

thanks, where can i find the info? and is roche the company that made accutane?

a lot of people can get accutane for free if they don't have a high income; and it sounds like you don't (not trying ot be a dick, just saying...). Go to the roche website and find the info. You have to apply or something...I don't know, i didn't do it, i went on generics but insurance covered it...

Anyways I think Roche would probably give you a 5 month course if you get a prescription from a derm...so you'd just have to pay for bloodtests and derm appointments

thanks, where can i find the info? and is roche the company that made accutane?

http://www.rocheusa.com/programs/patientassist.asp

That's the address for the US. Not sure where you're from, but I would imagine you can find more info on their website. You're welcome.

:D

im from canada but the stuff on the site u posted is just for the US

=/

here is the thing:( i'm lucky my parents are good about this) scars that are left over will affect u for the rest of your life. I would do it before it gets any worse than it is now.

If you are a good candidate for Accutane, absolutely. Your chances are good that one course will be enough, and if not, it may be a few years before you need another, at which point your financial situation may have stabilized. I cleared shortly after i finished my first course and and didn't need another until almost a decade later.

Don't underestimate how much this will cost, though. Even generic Accutane is hella expensive, and you have to cover office visits and bloodwork.

Hensiku,

There is a chance that it will come back, but if you use an adequate dose and stay on the medication long enough the chances are very high that you will not have a problem again. The stats say that about 30% have recurring acne after one treatment, but what they don't say is that the acne is usually nowhere near as bad as it was before treatment. So, even if your acne does come back, it will not be anywhere near what it was before. That alone makes it worth the financial risk in my opinion.

Dude, if you can afford the first treatment, you can afford the second. Plus, if its really that important for you, you'll find a way to afford it. Do you still live at home? do you have to pay for college? I mean you have a job, so unless your supporting somebody, why cannot you afford Accutane?

If your situation is really that bad, start contacting local agencies to see what they can do for you. Start with the factory your mother works at. If it is a large enough company they will have a local outreach program. After that look at major industries in your area (auto companies, mining, construction, then go smaller, local car dealerships, small businesses). Many will have some type of outreach program, you'll just have to find one that is willing to support you. Go and talk to your consellor at school, tell him/her about your situation and see what advice they have. School consellors deal with poverty issues all the time, they'll be able to give you a place to start, if nothing else. Seriously dude, you live in a country of plenty, somebody in that country is more than willing to help you out, go find them!