Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cruella22

which is gentler, cetaphil or purpose?

im currently using purpose and its alright i think.. im thinking about switching to cetaphil.. whats your skin like?? oily, not oily??

I found Purpose (liquid) to be more gentle. When not on Accutane, it leaves my skin feeling balanced, not too dry, and not too oily. It has a pleasant light smell, Cetaphil smells nasty to me.

When I use other face washes, they dry out my skin but then a few hours later I get very oily. When I wash with Cetaphil it doesn't dry out my skin and my skin pretty much stays the same throughout the day. Sometimes it can dry out my skin if I use too much though.

i find cetaphil to dry out my skin, but i like the smell. the main reason I got cetaphil is because it was on sale for $3 cheaper than usual and I had a $2 coupon from my derm, so it cost me like $2 for the huge bottle that lasts a few months

Purpose dried my skin out after about a month of use. I switched to a better moisturizer, but my skin kept getting drier. It felt like Purpose was slowly sucking the moisture from my skin. I did like Purpose when I was using it though. After Purpose I switched to Cetaphil. I tried Cetaphil before and hated it because it didn't remove all of my makeup. Now that I'm using mineral makeup, I find Cetaphil works like a charm. My skin never gets dry or oily - just a very balanced feel. I wish I could have stayed with Purpose though. Oh well.