Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mysticalfan

Losing Weight....A question for Women

I have a question for the women who have lost weight here. Have you noticed that your acne has lessened or completely cleared up?

I was wondering because I heard on the news that fat cells have estrogen receptors and that effects the amount of estrogen your body makes. Basically the more fat you have, the more estrogen you make, and makes women more prone to cancer.

I was wondering if that might also effect the severity of acne. I do notice that my acne follows my menstrual cycle. Right now I'm fine and my acne is calmed down. I recovering from the few zits I got. But I know that in about a week I'll start getting zits again.

Well.. back in 6th grade I was QUITE chubby.. like super.. and I had acne.. and then I had a thyroid disorder which made me drop tons of pounds.. A LOT.. and now I'm thin.. and in 10th grade.. and still have acne.. so I really don't think weight has much to do with it.. but I could be wrong..

I'm 5"6' and right now I'm around 118. About a year ago I had some.....eating problems......and droppe down to under 100 and my skin was a lot better then. I've got over the eatting stuff and put on some weight and my skin got worse....so that said and done weight might have someting to do with acne.

PS pleas no one read this and try losing a lot of weight for acne, its just not worth it and it unhealthy

Guest *Clara

My skin has been very clear since I started exercising. Though it might be because of my diet. Anyway it's vital to exercise to keep our bodies clean and healthy.

My skin has been very clear since I started exercising. Though it might be because of my diet. Anyway it's vital to exercise to keep our bodies clean and healthy.

I agree, exercising does help the circulation of the blood and everything. I jog for 3 to 7 miles a night depending on how I feel. I dring water and decaf. green tea. brand name "Good Earth". My skin has been tremendously better than it was.

yup that's true... i also work out on gym a lot and it also decrease the time i have acne since sweat cleans away the dirt in my face and then i also wash my face often... ^_^