Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been reading people's posts and replies and some people are saying to drink *greentea* . I, DEFINETLY NOT A TEA LOVER, don't know anything about greentea. Can anybody help me out? Like where to find it... and what it does and stuff? Like what in it helps fight acne? :think:

Hope this helps:

Green tea is used by the Chinese as a traditional medicine to treat many ailments including acne and to improve general well-being. But does it provide an effective herbal alternative to modern medication?

The answer seems to be ‘Yes’. There are only two herbal treatments that are known to be effective in treating acne and green tea is one of them.

In a recent study by Jennifer Gan-Wong, M.D. a green tea cream was trailed against a 4% benzoyl peroxide solution on people suffering with moderate to severe acne. The results from this research study showed that green tea was just as good in treating acne as the benzoyl peroxide.

But benzoyl peroxide dries out skin causing itching or allergic reactions. Unlike green tea that has the added advantages of natural anti-bacterial properties and antioxidants, particularly epigallocatechin gallate which is 200 times more powerful than vitamin E at fighting free radicals.

Green tea extract is an extremely versatile herbal supplement - it can be administered topically, often being used in creams, taken as a in the form of a pill or incorporated into your diet and drunk as a tea.

This last method is very popular (Green Tea with Honeysuckle is often known as ‘Pimple Tea’ in many Chinatowns) when drunk after a meal it aids digestion and helps to detoxify your system, getting rid of the toxins that can cause acne. Tip: don’t drink it with sugar, this will neutralize the worthwhile effects of the tea.

It seems that taking green tea for acne is a win-win situation… It has many beneficial properties which promote good all-round health with little or no known side effects and for the price, green tea it’s definitely a herbal treatment that’s worth trying.

I've been trying to drink about 2 cups a day at work (i get it at starbucks) its a nice alternative to coffee.

WARNING when you first drink it..it WILL taste like crap and it will upset your stomach..but it also helps clean your system out...so its kindof worth it. plus you get used to it :)

You can buy greeen tea anywhere, they even got it in the supermarkets and drugstores. As for will it clear up acne I have no idea but its good for your body just bad for your teeth (stains it)