Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nogi27

Mineral makeup and milia acne

Hello I have milia acne and I noticed when I wear mineral makeup you can still see the very tiny bumps I am currently using J. Lynne and Vivant Skin care products. I am so sad.

I notice the same thing. I have milia and wondered if it was from wearing MMU. Did you notice the milia when you started mineral makeup?

I have allways had milia acne but it seems to be more noticeable when I wear the makeup I have noticed a couple of new bumps since I have began wearing the makeup.

I bought 2 different kinds of mineral makeup Jane Iredale and another brand in the hope to replace pore clogging foundation and they both gave me milia.

Ever since I stopped using makeup (foundation, powder), only concealer on my face. I stopped breaking out a lot less frequently and my skin looks good. Now I only get those monthly hormonal ones.

Oh no!!!! Recently I've been suspecting that my beloved Jane Iredale Pressed Powder might possibly be the cause of my increasing milia (and I'm even on Accutane!).

I still really need to wear a foundation to cover up my healing spots....but what can I wear that won't cause this????

i'v been using bare escentuals foundation for a couple of months now. i did notice that there were times that milia popped up on my forehead and sides of my face, but i think it was because i slept with the make up on. that's one of the claims of mineral makeup- so pure you can sleep in it. bullshit. :doubt: you can but you'll get bumps on your face.

i just washed my face with a cleanser with glycolic acid because this acid helps with evening your surface skin texture. try that for a couple of days/nights afterwards and see if there's any improvement. if not, maybe mineral makeup just isn't for you? my cousin tried bare escentuals and she said she got lots of bumps that just wouldn't go away until she stopped using it for good.

Oh no!!!! Recently I've been suspecting that my beloved Jane Iredale Pressed Powder might possibly be the cause of my increasing milia (and I'm even on Accutane!).

I still really need to wear a foundation to cover up my healing spots....but what can I wear that won't cause this????

Try Veggiegrils Mineral makeup, I have sensitive, acne prone skin and her mmu doesnt cause me to breakout. I have tried so many brand of mmu and veggiegirls brand is my favorite

Edited by mimi2005

Try Veggiegrils Mineral makeup, I have sensitive, acne prone skin and her mmu doesnt cause me to breakout. I have tried so many brand of mmu and veggiegirls brand is my favorite

Me too - Veggie girl's make up is brilliant, and doesn't break me out at all. It's also a really good price, and she ships anywhere.