Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BeautyBabe

CARLIES ROACCUTANE & MINOCYCLINE LOG!

THE STORY SO FAR..........................

I took Roaccutane for 5 months in October 2003.

I was completely clear for 1 year.

Then in August 2005 my spots came back.

I went to see my dermatoligist and he has prescribed me 3 months of Minocycline.

If the spots are not gone by January 2006 then he's putting me back on Roaccutane. :(

DAY 23 OF MINOCYCLINE................

I've only ever suffered with spots on my face.

I seem to have a couple of spots on my neck now! They feel weird because i've never had them there before.

My face has been breaking out alot over the past 2 weeks. Hopefully this means that the medication is working! :angel:

My face has felt quite sore, but i must admit that i've been picking at it!

Yesterday i put Australian Bodycare teatree oil on the spots and that has made it less sore, although it has made it peel a bit.

I'm trying to stay positive. :angel:

Good luck I know how hard roaccutane use is in the UK, not many people have it. Im so scared of my acne coming back as Im at the end of my course now but my back is not clear yet, if my derm doesnt prescribe me any more and it comes back Ill have to go through it all again, the initial...arhg!

Hope all goes well.

Vanessa ;)

:angel: Thankyou Vanessa. I hope that you manage to get clear. Sometimes the dermatoligist leaves people on the medication a bit longer just to make sure they become completely clear.

My face is not so sore today. Yay!

4 WEEKS OF MINOCYCLINE...........................................

My spots are peeling alot. They seem alot flatter today. I got 1 new spot today. It's hard to tell whether this medication is working or not at this stage.

I'm not using any topical medications. I have been using tea-tree oil to steralise any weaping spots that i have stupidly picked!

I did buy BP GEL from this site, but it has been sat in my bedroom for a week now! For some reason i'm nervous about using it. I'm worried that it will make my skin really pale!!

I was lucky enough to be sent some dermalogica samples, and am loving the Dermal Clay Cleanser and Active Moist.

My face is very sore. The spots are still comming and it's really getting to me.

It has hit me much harder having the spots come back after being clear for a year.

When i had spots the first time around it never really bothered me that much! I knew that i should get rid of them if i could, but i used to get up and do my make-up everyday, and it took ages, but for some reason i thought i was an ugly person without the make-up. But when my spots went i realised i wasn't ugly without make-up at all. It was the spots that made me ugly. I know it sounds so obvious that it was the spots and not me but i'd never figured it out because i didn't really know any different.

Now i resent having to wake up and apply loads of make-up just to cover them over, and still look awful afterwards anyway.

Today i really feel like i've had enough. It seems easier just to hide away in the house and not go out. Then i don't have to look in the mirror and put make-up on. Of course i know better than to do that so i will force myself to go out but probably tonight, rather than in the day. I can hide my face easier at night.

God this really gets to me!

Apart from my face a have the perfect life really! I have a lovely boyfriend, great friends and my own business. What a shame that my stupid skin ruins everything.

:wall:

5 weeks on Minocycline...........................................................................

This is sooooooo hard! My skin is driving me up the wall and back down again!

My skin is still very sore. (I know i keep saying that!)

A few weeks ago i rang my dermatoligist. I had gone home from work quite upset after having a 'bad skin day'. I was going to beg him to let me quit Minocycline and just put me back on the Roaccutane. When i phoned him there was no answer. The operator said the dermatology department must have gone home. I cried! But the next day i thought, 'thank god he wasn't there cos maybe i would have made a fool of myself desperately begging at him down the phone and maybe crying at him!'

Anyway i tried to ring him again today, to ask him if it is possible to quit Minocycline and go straight on to Roaccutane. This time he's on holiday!!!!

I'm starting to think that i need to just stick out the Minocycline. I'm feeling so impatient tho. If Minocycline doesn't work (like it didn't last time i took it) I will end up being on medication for at least 9 months if not longer. It's really doing my head in!!!!

My face is very dry and keeps peeling. I'm using something called Regeneration oil which is really helping to heal the spots and soften up the skin.

I'm still spotty tho.

The minocycline seems to be making me feel a bit depressed sometimes. And i've been crying alot! Has anyone else experienced this whilst taking this drug?

:| I feel like i'm on an emotional roller coster!

I've been on Minocycline 6 weeks now.

Everyday i feel sick at least twice a day.

I feel very depressed at the moment, and i keep crying and sleeping. I feel very aggitated.

I'm thinking that i should stop taking this medication. :think:

I feel very depressed at the moment, and i keep crying and sleeping. I feel very aggitated.

I feel the same exact way. I was clear up until this summer ..and for some reason, sometime in august my skin started to change. It might be the fact that I went indoor tanning, I don't know. But it hurts. I have this strange spot that burns and stings and I keep thinking that if it went away I might just be able to deal with the rest of my face..that is now blotchy and oily..and full of open pores. I have an appointment in two weeks with my derm but it seems like such a long time to wait. I keep crying, sleeping, and calling my husband and just when I start to feel good..I feel bad again. : (

I feel the same exact way. I was clear up until this summer ..and for some reason, sometime in august my skin started to change. It might be the fact that I went indoor tanning, I don't know. But it hurts. I have this strange spot that burns and stings and I keep thinking that if it went away I might just be able to deal with the rest of my face..that is now blotchy and oily..and full of open pores. I have an appointment in two weeks with my derm but it seems like such a long time to wait. I keep crying, sleeping, and calling my husband and just when I start to feel good..I feel bad again. : (

I get that..... where i become kinda needy and all vunerable and my poor boyfriend has to come and sort me out!! Bless him!

Are you on any medication now? What did you take that got you clear before?

Well after 6 weeks of minocycline i've stopped taking it!

I feel better already!

I rang my dermatoligist today and i have to have a blood test for my liver function in 4 weeks and a pregnancy test. If both of those come back fine then i'm starting my second course of Roaccutane on 3rd January 2006.

In the meantime we have christmas comming up and i've got so many parties and events to go to, all i can say is..................................................

:dance: PARTY ON!!!! :dance:

Yay for you Carlie!

I remember I was also miserable when I was on Minocycline (sp).

It really affected my "digestive health" if you will....

I hated it, and it did nothing for my skin.

Glad you're off of it, and closer to 'tane!

Well after 6 weeks of minocycline i've stopped taking it!

I feel better already!

I rang my dermatoligist today and i have to have a blood test for my liver function in 4 weeks and a pregnancy test. If both of those come back fine then i'm starting my second course of Roaccutane on 3rd January 2006.

In the meantime we have christmas comming up and i've got so many parties and events to go to, all i can say is..................................................

:dance: PARTY ON!!!! :dance:

:angel: Thanks Julie!

Its been a week since i stopped taking the Minocycline and i feel much better.

My skin is the best it has been since the spots came back 4 months ago. I'm not sure why it's so much better. I've been doing a few things-

1) Brush exfoliation quite alot which has helped to give me a smoother complexion. - Definately a good thing to do.

2) Using Acne Getaway 101E (Which my friend Chad recommended me- i'm sure its working!)

3) Or could it be that the Minocycline has started working despite that i've stopped taking it?

Anyway i was so happy with my skin yesterday that i went out to Southampton and i went clubbing in the evening with alot of confidence! So at the moment i'm very happy! :clap:

OW OW OW

My face is very sore. Just 2 days after having very good skin, lots of painful spots have come up again!

They are mainly on my jaw-line. I have one above my lip.

:( Never ending evil spots. :(

:angel: My face has been very clear this week!

I only have 2 tiny active spots! The rest is just old red marks! I'm feeling very lucky at the moment!

I've been using 'Johnsons- holiday skin- daily facial moisturiser' for normal- combination skin for the past week. This stuff is great, it has given me a nice glow and is keeping my skin very soft! I'm not sure whether it's this that has helped my skin or not?

I'm off to the clothes show in Birmingham this Saturday, and i have alot of parties and xmas meals to go to over the next few weeks, so i'm :pray: that i stay clear!!!

I have just posted pictures of my skin in my gallery! This took guts to take these pictures and post them on the internet! It was really scary doing this!

Anyway my skin is still quite clear, apart from all the old red marks, and a horror of a spot that has come up on the left side of my face, and a few others by my ear and on the left side of my chin.

I must admit i was rather shocked when i saw the digital images!

My skin is now even clearer than when i posted those pictures.

I'm quite happy with it at the moment, and have cancelled the liver function blood test and pregnancy test that i was meant to be having on monday as i am too clear to have Roaccutane.

At this stage i'm thinking that the Minocycline did work, even though i stopped taking it after 6 weeks. It was 2 weeks after that my skin became very good. Its hard to tell why it is so clear. I have a couple of tiny, tiny spots but nothing that a normal person wouldn't have.

I am still using Johnsons holiday skin for normal/ combination as a moisturiser. I love this stuff as a tanning solution!

:)

I went to see the dermatologist today. He said that i don't need to take any tablets for my skin at the moment as my skin is too clear. :angel:

I asked him if he thought it was the Minocycline that made me much clearer and he said no as Minocycline usually clears skin within 48 hours, and mine didn't clear until week 8. (Even though i stopped taking it at week 6).

This has confused me as i'm sure i read in the leaflet that it doesn't start working for 6-8 weeks. I was so sure it was the Minocycline that cleared me. Does anyone have any views on this?

He has now prescribed me 'Duac' gel, which he says is a new thing on the market. This is to be applied once a day, at night. (I think it might be similar to B.P Gel?).

I am currently using 'Dermo Purifying foam' as a face wash, which my skin seems to love.

I am also still using 'Holiday Skin' but i am using the one for dry skin, but i think my skin prefered the normal- combination one.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. I hope you all had a great christmas.

Feel free to post if you have used 'Duac' gel before or Minocycline. All info is very welcome!!! :)

WOW!

My skin is so clear at the moment. I'm so happy.

I've only used the Duac gel twice so far as it made the top of my cheeks really red and puffy and my eyes were a bit swollen! It wasn't that bad and only lasted a day so i will prob start using it again tomorrow!!!

:clap: