Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
taylan nicholas

extremely dry skin

Right now i am miserable. I just started the regimen on Friday and everything was fine until last night.After applying bp to my face it started stinging really bad. I could not sleep. I had to keep a cool rag on my face just to get a little relief.Today my face is red, tight and burning really badly. Even my eyelids are swollen.If i could afford it i would go to a dermatologist. Can anyone please help? :cry:

my face went like this during the second week on the regimen. i was ok for the first so i started applying more bp1 1and th1en woke up in the morining with a red irritated face which was soo tight and looked like i had scales like a fish. i didnt put any bp on that night and then started the following night but with smaller amounts again. this helped me and my skin seems to have got used to it better now. however u sound as though your skin is a bit worse than mine. i would not aaply bp again untill the irritation has gone down. then maybe u could try agin but with very small amounts. its up to u really. i hope everything works out. good luck

exactly where are u applying the bp? are u applying to the corner's of ur mouth and eyes? are u applying to the area directly underneath ur eyes? ur eyelids?

these are all bad areas. don't put bp on them

i would stop using it altogether, until your face is back to normal..just moisturise really well.

then, use it once, before bed...use a tiny amount, avoid mouth and eye areas..

try cleansing first (gently) then dabbing on moisturiser on the delicate bits you dont want bp on.this way, they stay protected, and once you put bp on the desired areas (use a teeeny amount to start)then you can rub in the moisturiser, then moisturise where you put the bp, being careful not to rub it onto the non-bp areas.

try putting on a honey mask..i find that hydrates my skin really well if its dry.

Thanks to all of you who wrote in. My face is feeling a tiny bit better. I have been putting tons of lotion and Vaseline on it. I'm just going to keep doing that and do the honey mask. Maybe I can get some sleep tonight.If you have anymore suggestions please let me know.

:( Well guess i spoke to soon.......thought i was feeling a little better ,but now it seems that the pain is getting worse.....never fells......pain usually hurts worse at night it seems like anyway...please if anyone has a quick fix let me know. My face is stinging really badly! I need to get some rest tonight.

:( Well guess i spoke to soon.......thought i was feeling a little better ,but now it seems that the pain is getting worse.....never fells......pain usually hurts worse at night it seems like anyway...please if anyone has a quick fix let me know. My face is stinging really badly! I need to get some rest tonight.

is this the first time you've used benzol peroxide? It's not a strong BP and I'm used to the stinging subsiding after several washes. I think you may be allergic to it or just very sensitive so i'm askin if this is your first time using it on large portions of your face

Yes, this is the first time i have ever used bp. I think when my face gets well, I might use it again ,but ONLY as a spot treatment.I don't have a severe case of acne ,but enough to tear down what self esteem I have. I have been dealing with acne for 8 yrs. now, and I'm getting very frustrated. Also, I have a question if you can help...cetaphil seems to make my face dry after I wash it and I was wondering if you know of any gentle wash for extremely sensitive skin that I could use. Thanks

Well, if you live in Canada, you could buy Spectrojel. I use it as my cleanser (I'm on Dan's regimen), and it's better than any other I've ever used! It's gotten pretty good reviews on this site. If you live in the states...sorry I can't help you much. :eh:

there was once...when i put bp around my mouth..and some got to my lips...it got so big....it was like...OMG