Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zam

dead skin

there is a large brownish layer of what seems to be dead skin from my jawline to my chin. iS this normal or can it be that this part of my face is just sensitive to bp.

and how can i get rid of it...should i exfoliate...what is the best methods.

there is a large brownish layer of what seems to be dead skin from my jawline to my chin. iS this normal or can it be that this part of my face is just sensitive to bp.

and how can i get rid of it...should i exfoliate...what is the best methods.

how long have you been on the regimen? i had a similar sort of thing happen to me in the first week. was just my skin getting used to the BP. then when the BP started doing its stuff, this skin became dry and flaked off over a period of a couple of weeks. skin its not totally even now, but its getting better. ive found patience is the best cure for acne!

if youre gonna exfoliate, dont use an abrasive exfoliator, as the regimen is all about being gentle and not irritating the skin.

look up md formulations facial cleanser with glycolic acid. thats a non abrasvie exfoliator. quite expensive but i tried it in my teens and it worked a treat. DONT use it if you have active acne though. only when its cleared, use it to even out skin tone and get rid of scars.

hope this helps! good luck!

It sounds like dead skin to me. I would say gently, manually exfoliate with a washcloth, but exfoliation is not recommended with the regimen. I use a GA toner, but I don't follow the regimen precisely, so you maybe better off not listening to me :wub: