Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well I've tried to cope with redmarks and it's too hard, even though they're limited, I'm very sensative. Then, I started wearing makeup to hide them over the summer, noone really noticed, until school. It's bright in the classes and tons of people notice, but no mather how hard I try I cannot stop wearing it. I'm addicted to doing glycolic peels although I burn myself and now my dad/mom are talking with vice principal seeing how I can pass this semester, it will be a tough call. I'm not going to school and have missed like 10-15 days of each class so far. It's really frightening, although all my teachers are saying I'm doing well and they'll catch me up (even though I'm mostly caught up) but then my vice principal is saying that I may fail this semester, and if I do, how the hell will I do next year? Half gr 9 classes and have gr 10 classes? Or may summer school, I'm so confused and fucked right now, damn, sorry for my vent, neeed to get guy. FUCK THOSE MAKEUP DISLIKERS JUST BECAUSE I'M A FUCKING GUY.

You have a choice between having red marks and failing this semester, or having red marks and passing this semester. Make your choice.

I know it is difficult, believe me, but you really should go to school and get that work done. You have the luxary of getting an education where many others can't, and I am not trying to make you feel bad, I myself missed quite a bit of school, but it took time to realise that you really can't let this hold you back from your learning and future. The marks may make you miss social gatherings and many things, and you can opt out of that until you feel comfortable with yourself doing those things, but nothing should stop you from wanting to get an education. People with difficulties and illnesses use many different things to aid them and give them the opportunity to go to school, so get yourself some good thoughts for the day and take those along to school with you, you'd be suprised :)

Well it's mainly because of the glycolic peel burns I've been having every other week or so, that's basically it, I might wait till my peel burn is off my face (next monday) and start new, but I hope it won't be too late, my parents are worried.

I just don't understand how the teachers are telling my parents I'm doing good and have been caught up, yet my vice principle says I may fail depending on how the meeting goes with the real principal, wtf?

I just can't, I will go when my skin is toned so I can cover the redmarks, but now it's all flakely and SHITTY. It will be next monday, for sure, maybe fri, not sure.

wow... a just like you, i also wear make-up for all my red marks, casue it looks bad.. and all my classes have bright lighting, the whole class i end up not talking much and having one arm up to protect my face but make it look like am resting my head. my grades have gone down dramtically casue all i can ever thnik about it " can she or he see my makeup" ?? !! and thats all i think about. and its funny when lights go out for like an overhead or a movie am a totally diffent person i just cant let anyone see that i wear makeup so the whole day i try to avoid people in my class and not look them in the eye and its bad casue am losing freinds like this. i swear if my face was clear i would have better grades....dam man am in the same pos. as you. its hard not to help think does he or she my makeup.. :wall:

Star makes a good point. I skipped school alot. And then I kept getting suspended.

And then I kept getting expelled from different schools. I DID graduate, just a year late or so. But it did hold me back from a few things. A few good jobs that I could have had upon graduating, that sort of thing.

I did catch up, but it took some time. Like star said - I did it, but the only one who lost out was me.

Have heart and fuck what they think. Seriously. High School is just one big stupid ridiculous - but nesscary - hoop to jump through. Just hang in there. It's not forever.

wow... a just like you, i also wear make-up for all my red marks, casue it looks bad.. and all my classes have bright lighting, the whole class i end up not talking much and having one arm up to protect my face but make it look like am resting my head. my grades have gone down dramtically casue all i can ever thnik about it " can she or he see my makeup" ?? !! and thats all i think about. and its funny when lights go out for like an overhead or a movie am a totally diffent person i just cant let anyone see that i wear makeup so the whole day i try to avoid people in my class and not look them in the eye and its bad casue am losing freinds like this. i swear if my face was clear i would have better grades....dam man am in the same pos. as you. its hard not to help think does he or she my makeup.. :wall:

I'm alway sthinking that too, and when the lights go on to copy a note off the projector or we're watching a movie, I start turning around and is the most talkative guy in our highschool of 1200.

Bottom line is, people know you're wearing make-up. Therefore, they know what's underneath. So, you're not only going to be rejected and looked at differently because of what's underneath the make-up, but now even more-so because of you wearing make-up. If you would just be you, you'd be a lot better off, IMO.

However, this is easier said than done. I don't blame you either way.

Guest *Clara

Unfortunately I didn't graduate because of this kind of cycle. Though I did work to get my ged so I can get a stable job. I don't recommend dropping out because there's no guarantee you could get your ged. So just suck it up, stay strong, do your work, and everything will pass.

Honestly, this is some of the stupidest shit I have ever heard. Go to school. Graduate. And then do whatever the hell you want.

Guest *Clara

What's the difference between a GED and a highschool diploma? Can I get into university/college with a GED?

The equivalent of a HS diploma is a GED. The ged is a very long test, 6 - 8 hours. You usually can take the test in portions like final exams. Whatever place people go for a ged test provide study classes for preparation for the test. You can go to a community college and keep going up if you want. It's not a smart idea to go this route because it's not guaranteed.

Well I've tried to cope with redmarks and it's too hard, even though they're limited, I'm very sensative. Then, I started wearing makeup to hide them over the summer, noone really noticed, until school. It's bright in the classes and tons of people notice, but no mather how hard I try I cannot stop wearing it. I'm addicted to doing glycolic peels although I burn myself and now my dad/mom are talking with vice principal seeing how I can pass this semester, it will be a tough call. I'm not going to school and have missed like 10-15 days of each class so far. It's really frightening, although all my teachers are saying I'm doing well and they'll catch me up (even though I'm mostly caught up) but then my vice principal is saying that I may fail this semester, and if I do, how the hell will I do next year? Half gr 9 classes and have gr 10 classes? Or may summer school, I'm so confused and fucked right now, damn, sorry for my vent, neeed to get guy. FUCK THOSE MAKEUP DISLIKERS JUST BECAUSE I'M A FUCKING GUY.

omgHAHAHA this sounds just like me. i wear makeup too lol (BLUFF or blush i forget what its called) and my parents almost let me be homeschooled cuz my pimples were like making me not concentrating on school cuz i was just trying to cover them up all day

im still dealing with this everyday, anddddddddd i really dont know what to do about it lol

1. Dude, I know how hard it is to go to school and feel ugly, I did all through high schoo, but its not that big a deal. High school is not the end of the world, its the begining. Stop the peels and stop the make-up wearing, it sounds like your doing this to yourself with the peel burns.

2. About the GED tip. I myself dropped out of high school junior year and aced my GED test with no prep work. Here, in Colorado at least, they try to sell you prep classes, tell you it's hard and blah blah blah. It took me about 3 hours and it was easy. I guess if you did fail the first time you would have to study for it for the next time.

If you did drop out, don't wait to get into community college because it's soooooooo hard to get back into school after a break, I know all to well being on a break for 3+ years. Go right into community college and plan on taking classes to transfer to a 4 year college. If you play your cards right you can get out of high school early, go to communtiy college, transfer to 4 year and be done way before others your same age. It's all up to you though, but dropping out is not the end. Good luck

Its not your fault, its your parents!

How so?

For them not kicking you in the ass every mourning to get to school. Education is priceless. You got red marks and or acne.. BOOO F&*&CKING HOOOOO. Cry me a river. Wow life is tuff. Bet some kid your age in Simolia would die to be in your body anyday. Free education, food , clothes, computer, TV, Cable ect ect ect . Face the music already.

Also GED will NOT get you into a college of any type. GED is classified in the working place as a LAZY person. If you plan on getting your GED, learn this phrase and master it "Would you like fries with that?".

Guest *Clara

Its not your fault, its your parents!

How so?

For them not kicking you in the ass every mourning to get to school. Education is priceless. You got red marks and or acne.. BOOO F&*&CKING HOOOOO. Cry me a river. Wow life is tuff. Bet some kid your age in Simolia would die to be in your body anyday. Free education, food , clothes, computer, TV, Cable ect ect ect . Face the music already.

Also GED will NOT get you into a college of any type. GED is classified in the working place as a LAZY person. If you plan on getting your GED, learn this phrase and master it "Would you like fries with that?".

You, sir, are an idiot. I have a GED and work a high paying, stable job, as a factory worker. It may not be a chauvinistic glam job but it lets me live a pretty nice life.

A GED will not allow you to go to a university college.

A GED will allow you to go to a community college, in which you can get your Associate's Degree (2 year degree) and THEN transfer to a university to get a higher degree, if that's what you want.

Community college is often a good place to start because 1) classes are smaller and cheaper 2) they are aware of the fact that many, many people are working and going to school, thus the scheduling is more flexible.

I would also like to point out that simply because one is working at a fast food place, or has a low paying job does NOT mean they are lazy or uneducated. It can mean they are simply strapped for cash and have to take any job that will pay. This is often the case with people who have little to no transportation or small children.