Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest *Clara

Drinking 10 - 12 glasses of water...?

Guest *Clara

For over a month I've been drinking 10 - 12 glasses of water each day plus a Slimfast drink after Tae Bo exercises. I think I've grown accustomed to it. My face has be very clear and free of redness. Is this ok to do? Thanks.

Guest james11

Tae Bo + a tank of water + Slimfast, that would be a funny cure! :lol2:

I agree with the water thing.

Guest *Clara

It's not like that's all I do. I also take GNC vitamins and eat a full healthy calorie diet.

Generally, a person should be consuming at least 1 liter of water for every 50 lbs. of body weight. You're headshot makes it appear that you are quite slender so 10-12 8 oz. glasses would equal out to almost 3 liters/day which is perfectly fine. I believe the author of Your Body's Many Cries For Water advocates drinking 1 gallon per day. :surprised:

isn't it suppose to be like 7-8 glasses a day..

u shouldn't over drink it too much u can get "water intoxication"

but as long as u drinkin it throughout the day and not all at once

you should be just fine :D

I doubt you can get water intoxication from drinking 12 -13 glasses of water a day. You have to consume a whole lot of water to get sick from it.

For over a month I've been drinking 10 - 12 glasses of water each day plus a Slimfast drink after Tae Bo exercises. I think I've grown accustomed to it. My face has be very clear and free of redness. Is this ok to do? Thanks.

Ofcourse hun. Personally I drink about the same amount in a day, but I can go through several litres before, during and after intense weight training exercise. So excluding those I get about the same amount. :D

To get water intoxication you'd basically have to drink large amounts of water non-stop until it basically filled your lungs and you croaked. So, don't be afraid of that, because it will NEVER happen to you.

isn't it suppose to be like 7-8 glasses a day..

u shouldn't over drink it too much u can get "water intoxication"

7-8 glasses a day is a doctor's recommended daily amount for fat lazy people. Sorry but I couldn't put it in any better terms, that is the best definition I have.

It's good to drink water throughout the day. In general, water is the most cleansing, life-saving liquid you can put into your body. When you exercise and you live a healthy lifestyle, you need water constantly throughout the day, especially before, during and after exercise. Some people drink twice even three times as much water as 10-12 glasses depending on how extensive their fitness level is.

everyday i fill a 1 litre bottle with water and a touch of diluting orange to flavour it. diluting juice in very small amounts isnt bad for u is it?

Guest *Clara

did u break out while doing this tho?

No, why? Besides, I don't think I would know either way.

hi Clara, are you clear fome doing only this ^? if not what have you done? your skin looks grate from what I've see of it :P

Water intoxication usually only happens to endurance athletes like marathon runners and triathletes. It's not too much water so much as the wrong balance of water and electrolytes. They sweat out tons of electrolytes and drink tons of plain water, which dilutes the electrolytes in their body. Since sodium and potassium are vital to cellular function (without them your neurons wouldn't fire and you wouldn't be alive), this is obviously not a good thing. But drinking 12 glasses of water a day is not going to cause this to happen. These are people who exercise a ton, and drink gallons of salt-free water.

i think no trained athlete drinks only water. The salt in our everyday diet is enough to stop that happening?