Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PreludeKing1995

Is there anything that works...

Ive been taking Bactrim for close to 2 years now. It has worked well, but it peaked in its performance about a year ago, and ever since Ive been at a stand still. I still have mild acne on my face, and slightly more severe on the back, sholders and chest... Ive used BP and still, I have really stuborn acne that will just not clear up. Any ideas or tips from people who have had similar problems. Im no derm. but if I had to guess, Id say a large portion of my problem is oil glands. I can wash my face and within a half hour my face is already oily again... :wall: blah, im really getting tired of trying, Im not looking forward to a lifetime of this

Guest james11

If you do get off the Bactrim, would you please let me know if you break out big time? PM me

well roaccutane works and if bactrim isn't working for you then it is probably the best answer if you want to like i haven't ran into any dangers of it or anything but yeh. I was taking bactrim for a couple of years to before i took roaccutane and yeh, it never really worked and before that i was on like 3 other types of antibiotics which sucked even more.

accutane does not work. Maybe its better than the other stuff cause its more powerful, but it does not work guarantee just like all the rest of the stuff

well i guess what im asking, is there anything that will give a more perminant solution? i have quit a few times (the bactrim) and within days it came back full force... i need something that will do more for the cause, not just to ease the symptoms

Guest virgo

yeah.. theres nothing that for sure works for everyone.. that's why we're all here.. to experiment & get feedback to find out whats rite for us

yeah.. theres nothing that for sure works for everyone.. that's why we're all here.. to experiment & get feedback to find out whats rite for us

lol yea i suppose so. but damn, ive been experimenting for like 4 or 5 years now, and still nothing that has even remotely gotten me cleared up... ussualy when i do get almost clear its for like a day or 2, then itll come back... :cry:

lol yea i suppose so. but damn, ive been experimenting for like 4 or 5 years now, and still nothing that has even remotely gotten me cleared up... ussualy when i do get almost clear its for like a day or 2, then itll come back... :cry:

I'm 35. I've been experimenting since I was a teenager........I am now finally on Accutane. My skin for the most part during all of these years had persistent acne......probably classified mild.....but it has always seemed that I have always had a zit on my face somewhere.......sometimes more, never less! Anyway, this summer....the 35th summer of my life....I broke out worse than I've ever broken out...HUGE HUGE HUGE cystic acne all over my jawline, pimples on the forehead, a few on the cheeks....I was a MESS!!!!! It was still probably only classified as Moderate, but to ME it was SEVERE!!!!

I don't know if Tane will solve my problems, but I'm willing to give it a try......you can read my journal to get an idea of what Tane is like http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=69744 but there are lots of other journals to read too. It hardly seems like any of us Tane users are getting the same results at the same time, but reading about several experiences gives you a good general idea!

IMO, I'd go to the Derm and tell them that the Bactrim isn't working anymore and that you need something stronger.

Good luck!

accutane DOES work..contrary to what people say.

can you think where we would be as acne sufferers with NO accutane?

we would be totally fucked.

i have been on it twice and sure it came back both times, but it did calm my acne down alot.

hopefully the third time can do it. im going on a higher dosage this time as well.

but accutane is by far the best treatment, period. nothing even comes close.

what do you guys think about staying on bactrim, and starting a topical treatment like retin-a or something like that? the bactrim does seem to keep the large stuff away, but i still get a lot of smaller bumps... so, think a topical will help?

what do you guys think about staying on bactrim, and starting a topical treatment like retin-a or something like that? the bactrim does seem to keep the large stuff away, but i still get a lot of smaller bumps... so, think a topical will help?

I think it is definitely worth a try. I was having good luck with Retin A, but it still wasn't enough for me, but it did decrease the amt. of zits.