Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
breezehaven

EATING BETTER THE FAST FOOD ROUTE

Well, it seems several fast food places now offer healthy alternatives. It might not make you full, but at least it's something. Mcdonalds fruit and walnut and also their yogurt parfait. And then either wendys or dennys offers a fruit bowl or cup. I usually have this stuff now when I need to pick up some fast food. And then when later I'm really hungry for some meat, I'll get an arbys french dip, whether healthy or not.

Forgive me if I sound rude, but how does this relate to acne?

Fast food places overcharge for the healthy stuff they have anyways. Plus some people are allergic to walnuts and dairy products. $2.99 for the Fruit and Walnut salad is a ripoff considering you can make 4 fruit and walnut salads with that kind of money at a local supermarket.

But the best way to eat healthy is to NOT starve yourself. Eat fruits when you are NOT hungry. That way you get your dose of healthy stuff. Besides, when we're hungry we are more likely to eat junk.

hi-- i just want to say some qucik things about food and their correlation or affect on an individuals acne. i believe that in some people (and it depends on the person and the severity of the acne) food play a major role for their acne where as others it plays not so much of a role and others it plays no role. the fact of the matter is is that dermatologists and 99% of MD's are NOT tranined in the area of nutrition there is only 1 medical school in the country that has a nutrition program. some food that will aggrevate your acne include:milk, chochlate, sugar, high fat diet, dairy products and some factors that could make acne wrose unclude: stress, fatigue, cosmetics, and drugs such as iodies and bromides. i suffer from moderate acne and benn battling it for over 3 years now i see with me that food does play a major role in my acne, and just like so many other people out there who can atest to my situation we have proven people who said acne doesnt play a mjor role on acne wrong. the truth is that nutrtion and the role of food and how it plays out in our body is a very new topic and scientist no little about it. especially in our system of medicine known as western medicine our doctors relay on drug therapy as cures not so much as natural healing or other therpies. peolpe have to realize there is a big difference from somebody who has moderate or sever acne from a person who has mild acne or just gets a couple of pimples here and then. if you have moderate or severe acne the only way to improve it is to change your lifestyle around( exercise more, eat healthy and eat the right foods) and take the drugs that your dermatologist prescribed for you . it takes a combination of both change in lifestyle and drugs that are right for you to affectly get rid of your acne.

Well, it seems several fast food places now offer healthy alternatives. It might not make you full, but at least it's something. Mcdonalds fruit and walnut and also their yogurt parfait. And then either wendys or dennys offers a fruit bowl or cup. I usually have this stuff now when I need to pick up some fast food. And then when later I'm really hungry for some meat, I'll get an arbys french dip, whether healthy or not.

Hmmm...I've had this issue before. I never eat at fast food places. I know that some of them have "healthy" options, but I usually don't stop at one if I'm hungry. I usually just skip eating all together if I don't have the time, rather than get fast food. I guess the fruit and walnut thing shouldn't be that bad ...maybe I'll try it next time I'm hungry and not at home....

Guest Cubsfan

the industries want you think its healthy but the truth of the matter is they are just merely healthier than their previous menus of junk

ever see food labels like 99% fat free....thats a load of bull too.

I quit eating fast food a long time ago. McDonalds fruit and walnut salad is good, but the walnuts are Candied (which means coated in sugar),so if I do go to McDonalds, I'll get the fruit salad without the walnuts i throw them away. The yogurt parfait may be better than a hamburger; however it is full of processed sugars.

the industries want you think its healthy but the truth of the matter is they are just merely healthier than their previous menus of junk

ever see food labels like 99% fat free....thats a load of bull too.

I agree. The fruit and walnut salad; who knows how long it's been sitting in the fridge. the walnuts are candied, and the yourt parfait is loaded with processed sugars. It is very expensive to live organically. Eat free range meat, but I believe what you eat may have an affect on acne. The non free range and processed meats are pumped with hormones and such, and the fruits and veggies that are non organic are made with pesticides. Your body has a hard time decideing what to do with the bAD stuff that it expells through the skin because every thing else (liver,kidneys,colon,etc..) is filled with toxins already from eating things with artifical flavoring. Our bodies are not artificial, so we do not digest and use artificial stuff. Facts from Ginger Rodgers, my colon hydrotherapist for several years.