Notifications
Clear all

Sudocrem does the trick!

MemberMember
(@irishbrain)

Posted : 10/24/2005 8:05 pm

Use Sudocrem, a creamy white zinc oxide based formula that should be applied in a thin layer over the red marks. The cream is an antiseptic and the zinc helps to replenish skin cells thus promoting the growth of new skin over the existing red marks to fade them out.

Sudocrem is a Skin Healing Product often refered to as 'Magic Cream' for its many uses.

Try it and see, but make sure you wash it off before going out! It does'nt absorb very well to be honest, so make sure you only apply a thin layer as it is very thick and could clog pores if too much is put on. Its very cheap too at only AA3 approx for a tub that lasts ages. Ebay is a good place to get it from.

Thanking You.

Irishbrain

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/25/2005 4:21 am

it sometimes seems to work for me on spots

MemberMember
(@overload)

Posted : 10/25/2005 7:47 am

i think its good for red marks, but is it not comedogenic? i think it makes you break out if you use too much, it is rahter clogging ;)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/27/2005 4:51 am

can anyone else confirm it actually works for red marks...? you sure it's not just the white colouring of it making them seem a bit more faded....?

MemberMember
(@ryan_)

Posted : 01/10/2006 7:29 am

can anyone else confirm it actually works for red marks...? you sure it's not just the white colouring of it making them seem a bit more faded....?

Yeah, that't what I think too. So does anyone know more about Sudocrem?

MemberMember
(@l3br0n23)

Posted : 09/10/2008 8:23 pm

..........................Anyone else have Sudocrem work for them?

MemberMember
(@kerrylee)

Posted : 09/11/2008 8:06 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@lividcry)

Posted : 09/17/2008 7:24 pm

use too much of it and you'll break out.....BADLY. I just found this out this week (I now have 3 bright red PAINFUL bumps under the skin on my right cheek where I applied too much sudocrem). It's going to take about 3 months for the resulting marks to clear :( Pretty sad because I was 98% pimple-free before using it

Been using it for a few weeks on and off and haven't really seen too much of a change to be honest. Just another $30 I've spent on an internet cream that hasn't done jack :(

MemberMember
(@liveyourlife)

Posted : 09/17/2008 9:59 pm

use too much of it and you'll break out.....BADLY. I just found this out this week (I now have 3 bright red PAINFUL bumps under the skin on my right cheek where I applied too much sudocrem). It's going to take about 3 months for the resulting marks to clear :( Pretty sad because I was 98% pimple-free before using it

Been using it for a few weeks on and off and haven't really seen too much of a change to be honest. Just another $30 I've spent on an internet cream that hasn't done jack :(

where did you pay that price? i bought it for $8.50 on westons.com

if you want more info on Sudocrem go to the giant thread about it under the Acne regimen

MemberMember
(@hello55060)

Posted : 09/18/2008 11:34 am

Key is to use very little sudocrem as possible. A small amount will not clog pores but a large amount will and cause you to breakout. I tried it myself thinking if I coverd my face in it about 10 layer my face would make some rapid improvement. Wrong just a little amount is fine I have been using it about a month is definatly helping me getting rid of acne and making red marks go down.

MemberMember
(@synderella)

Posted : 09/19/2008 7:28 pm

im going to try this!!

MemberMember
(@buzz08)

Posted : 05/20/2009 5:48 pm

It is workin relatively well for me, about a week in and no breakouts yet

Im only applyin a small bit at a time to my red marks rather than my whole face.

MemberMember
(@stereophonic)

Posted : 05/20/2009 5:53 pm

Sudocrem is fantastic!

I use it every single day,and can honestly say id be lost without it. I find that after a wash, coz maybe i make the water too hot, all the spots/red marks on my face look redder then normal. I load on some sudocrem while im finishing getting ready and by the time im ready to go out,the redness has reduced somewhat and i rub the excess in.

And i apply it every nite to any slightly more active acne or scars. Over time it helps reduce the redness,thought it is never an immediate fix. Though in the short-term it makes me feel better coz u cant see the red mark lol....coz its covered by a big white blob of sudocrem.

MemberMember
(@minerva473)

Posted : 06/06/2009 2:45 pm

I've just started using sudocrem as a spot treatment and I do think it helps red marks in the sense of preventing them -- stops the inflammation and dries out the pimple without making it red like the BP does. I haven't tried it on red marks that have already appeared.

MemberMember
(@caaarlykid)

Posted : 12/17/2009 11:17 am

iys worked somewhat for me

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 02/15/2013 2:12 am

anyone else?

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/11/2014 5:08 am

Sudocreme is awesome, one of best products i found in england

MemberMember
(@kh167259)

Posted : 04/05/2014 7:32 am

I have been suffering from moderate adult acne for around 6 years now. After years of being frustrated with regular break outs on my chin and forehead just after they clear up, and left with angry red marks and scars, I tried topical treatments such as benzoyl peroxide and saclicylic acid creams, both of which seemed to make it much worse.

I realised it could be better to treat it from the inside, and changing what I eat might help. I started a much healthier diet, cutting out the fatty snacks and including a lot of vegetables, and began drinking around 2.5 litres of water a day. I can't believe how quick the improvement was - after just a couple of weeks I had only one or two spots. I still had those red marks though, so it didn't LOOK much better.

I started using a small amount of Sudocrem 3 days ago only on the red areas, applying it at night. Most of the redness has gone away already - you can barely see the marks on my forehead, it almost looks clear! The marks on my chin are also dramatically improved, and now a pale pink rather than an aggressive red. This cream really is magic! I'd highly recommend it to anyone suffering from a similar problem, but make sure to go easy as it is a really heavy cream - as people have mentioned previously, it can clog your pores if laid on too thick.

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 04/06/2014 11:09 am

I use sudocrem too after the reviews i read in this site. I also found that this cream was awarded best anti acne care in 2012. It contains 12.5 % zinc oxide. Then, i searched for a higher ratio of zinc and i discovered DESITIN cream with 40% zinc. I have a tube of that too for more emergencies!

MemberMember
(@wristclear)

Posted : 06/21/2019 5:41 am

Anyone know if sudocrem can be used for discoloration?

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 08/13/2019 4:14 am

be careful when using sudocrem or aquaphor on acne or clogged skin. test a small and thin amount firsthand. i got 2 very inflamed acnes that were only whiteheads due to aquaphor (read it on reddit that it could cure inflamed lesions) and now they leave scars #sic. with that said, i've used aquaphor on body parts especially after treatments and it works fantastically. i've tried sudocrem and it's true, it could whiten red marks on skin. in fact , it makes the applied skin paler than the rest like a bleaching cream.but as for the skin regeneration, aquaphor is still much better in my case. sudocrem would dry up the wound too making it more prone to scarring (under the wet dressing concept)