Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cooper

Oily face the morning after washing?

When I wash my face at night, in the morning I wake up with oily skin. Is that the oil in the cleasnser?

Thanks for any help!

It's possible that there is some oil left on your skin when you rinse at night, but in the morning, what you're seeing is probably the production of oil from your skin overnight.

I've been exfoliating in the morning and the evening, and I know when I rinse my face is completely clean from oil and residue. My skin naturally gets shiny about an hour after I wash, and yours may be similar to mine. The reason your face is oily in the morning is most likely due to your natural oil production. Even if you had no oil on your face before bed, the odds are good that you'd still wake up with oily skin, so there's nothing to worry about. I am pretty confident that your cleanser isn't causing your skin to be oily in the morning, it's just a natural result of your sebaceous glands. :)

Jess

It's possible that there is some oil left on your skin when you rinse at night, but in the morning, what you're seeing is probably the production of oil from your skin overnight.

I've been exfoliating in the morning and the evening, and I know when I rinse my face is completely clean from oil and residue. My skin naturally gets shiny about an hour after I wash, and yours may be similar to mine. The reason your face is oily in the morning is most likely due to your natural oil production. Even if you had no oil on your face before bed, the odds are good that you'd still wake up with oily skin, so there's nothing to worry about. I am pretty confident that your cleanser isn't causing your skin to be oily in the morning, it's just a natural result of your sebaceous glands. :)

Jess

LOL, Yeah. It sounds like the same thing , problem is its what causes my acne.

No matter what I do, I have the same problem. I don't think there is really a way to fix the way our skin acts naturally. If you're not using a moisturizer and think it will only make your skin oily, I recommend you use a really light one like Cetaphil.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...&st=0&p=807486&

I've posted this numerous times, but I can see that people still need help with their oily skin. My starts to get oily after about 2 1/2 hours, and these have been EXTREMELY effective for dabbing away the excess oils. They are wayyy better than any oil blotter pads I've used (effectiveness & price wise). :dance: