Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well... looking at these pics... my acne looks way worse than any of yours do. Let me say this. I am 19 years old and I have tried accutane... thats where half of the red marks and scars came from. I had everything from accutane, pro activ, benzamycin, retin a, tazorac, duac.... all of that trash. NOTHING worked. Look at the way the two sides of my face look. The regimen I do is this.... In the morning.......... just wash face with plain basic Basis Sensitive Skin soap....... PM.... wash face with same kind of soap.... do pro active BP repairing lotion, and then Eucerin moisturizer.. then go to sleep. But does anyone know why I'm so red? I dont even use alot of BP. I dont even use BP twice a day. Just by looking at those pics, anyone have any idea of any medicines or anything than can cure that within the next 5 years? Also... I heard that what i have is Rosacea. Anyone know what that is? What causes it? How it can be prevented, stopped, cured? Someone please help me. I am extremely depressed about the way my face looks here. Someone please help me out... and honestly... one of the most frustrating things ever that some people tend to do... is when someone asks for advice like this... some smart ass wont even come close to answering the question but make a remark like "This needs moved to another board".... please dont anyone say that I'm very depressed, angry and thats the last thing I need to hear, you suffer with acne and I'm sure you wouldnt want someone saying that to you. So please, I'm waiting for someone to give me their 2 cents worth. Thank you

post-29858-1130186595_thumb.jpg

post-29858-1130186613_thumb.jpg

post-29858-1130186595_thumb.jpg

post-29858-1130186613_thumb.jpg

from acne.org website (not the forum):

Acne Rosacea can look similar to the aforementioned acne vulgaris, and the two types of acne are sometimes confused for one another.

Rosacea affects millions of people, most of whom are over the age of 30. It appears as a red rash which is normally confined to the cheeks, nose, forehead and chin. The redness is often accompanied by bumps, pimples, and skin blemishes. Blood vessels may also become more visible on the skin. Blackheads are not a part of rosacea. It is more prevalent in women, but often more severe when found in men. Left untreated, it can cause swelling of the nose and the growth of excess tissue, a condition called rhinophyma. Treatment is often different for rosacea than for acne, and it is important that you consult a doctor can determine if what you are experiencing is acne vulgaris or rosacea.

Hey unakwenda. I know how you feel i to am 19 and have rosacea and mild acne. I have seen many a doctor about this situation and so far they have all given me the same stuff "metrogel" it does make a mild difference. I really do recomend going to the doc (not the derm right off the bat) and seeing what they have to say. They might give you a perscription for tetracycline and or metrogel.

Now brace yourself because this is the part that really gets me depressed whenever i think about it. If what you have is rosacea you need to know that it is not a curable problem, it does not go away. The only thing you can do is treat it and try to control it. This can be done with carying degrees of success. It is not known what cause rosacea yet.

What i really do recomend is going to the doctor and telling him or her about your problem. If they give you nothing, then go to the derm. Also there are many web pages out there about rosacea www.Rosacea.org for general info and http://www.metrogel.com/ for info on the medication.

As far a depression goes, tell me about it man, I know what ya mean. It really does get to ya. I am not going to give youthe cliche advice like "oh just think posotive" or "it's not as bad as it seems" cause i know that does not help. But i will tell you that you are not alone and there are other people in the same boat as you.

I am with ya man, good luck.

Hey unakwenda. I know how you feel i to am 19 and have rosacea and mild acne. I have seen many a doctor about this situation and so far they have all given me the same stuff "metrogel" it does make a mild difference. I really do recomend going to the doc (not the derm right off the bat) and seeing what they have to say. They might give you a perscription for tetracycline and or metrogel.

Now brace yourself because this is the part that really gets me depressed whenever i think about it. If what you have is rosacea you need to know that it is not a curable problem, it does not go away.

<b>See, only thing is, is that I'm not for sure if it is Rosacea. Those pics of me were taken on Sunday night. One week ago my face was fine and wasnt red and stuff like that. Or, a few weeks ago I didn't wash my face or put any medicine on, my face wasn't red not one bit, but thats when active acne and bumps started to come back and i was forced to wash and put BP back on it to keep that crap under control. Even when I do put on medicine... some days my face is just red, and some days it isnt, its not a red rash or anything like that, atleast I hope not.</b>

The only thing you can do is treat it and try to control it. This can be done with carying degrees of success. It is not known what cause rosacea yet.

What i really do recomend is going to the doctor and telling him or her about your problem. If they give you nothing, then go to the derm. Also there are many web pages out there about rosacea www.Rosacea.org for general info and http://www.metrogel.com/ for info on the medication.

As far a depression goes, tell me about it man, I know what ya mean. It really does get to ya. I am not going to give youthe cliche advice like "oh just think posotive" or "it's not as bad as it seems" cause i know that does not help. But i will tell you that you are not alone and there are other people in the same boat as you.

I am with ya man, good luck.

<b> Thanks, it's really good to know that and have someone that understands.

<b>See, only thing is, is that I'm not for sure if it is Rosacea. Those pics of me were taken on Sunday night. One week ago my face was fine and wasnt red and stuff like that. Or, a few weeks ago I didn't wash my face or put any medicine on, my face wasn't red not one bit, but thats when active acne and bumps started to come back and i was forced to wash and put BP back on it to keep that crap under control. Even when I do put on medicine... some days my face is just red, and some days it isnt, its not a red rash or anything like that, atleast I hope not.</b>

Indeed. Well considering that it might just be a reaction to the BP or some other product you are using, however, mild rosacea can often be triggered by sertain things such as extreme tempurate, hot drinks, embarasment (when you blush it jsut stays that way for a while) and a any other number of things.

Now i am nto trying to convince you, i am just saying for you own sake, get it checked out, if it is just starting you can control it and never know it is there, if it is not rosacea, your lucky and go on with you life. But do get it checked out.