Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LastStraw

[Poll] This one is for the ladies....

39 members have voted

1. 1. Rate it! 5=looks are VERY important..... 1=I don't care about looks at all.

• 5 = Acne/Scars is a deal breaker
    • 4 = Acne/Scar is not a deal breaker but plays a big role in my decision
    • 3 = Moderate Acne/Scar(10 or so active acne at one time) is ok but does play a role in my decision
    • 2 = A lot of Acne/Scar plays a small role in my decision
    • 1 = I don't care at all, I love them all.

Ok, I was talking to a really good friend of mine today and she told me that no matter how much girls wants to deny it, looks play a huge factor when they are looking for a boyfriend. She said that acne and acne scars really does reduce a guy's chance with a girl. So is this true for a lot of girls or is this just her? Please be honest! I know for most guys (90%) would rate looks as one of the most important features. I know a lot of guys would be repulsed by a girl with moderate acne...so ladies, please tell me what you think. Be honest please! Also this is without factoring personality...just plain looks like when you see a guy for the first time.

Also, if you want to add any input, please do! I would like to hear what you have to say. And if you have any questions for me, please ask!

Guest mishmosh

your friend sounds a young superfical character

what nonsense

How's it going Mishmosh. My friend is 24 btw lol but yeah...I was just wondering what other girls think. Also we live in California so I guess that explains a lot. I see that you live in England; it makes me want to move there if everyone was like you. :)

So looks are the first thing everyone notices about a person. But personally I think someone's attitude and personality makes them more or less attractive. Example: a guy with little or no acne but is very shy or self concious is not nearly as attractive as a guy with moderate acne/scars who is outgoing, fun and a little bad :) I was often attracted to guys with acne because of the lifestyles they lead and what kind of person they were, not because of they way their skin looked.

But don't get me wrong. I think it is important to be attracted to someone's looks; but about more than skin!

Guest LDanielle

Looks matter to an extent, but acne doesn't make a difference to me... and if they have a great personality you can forget looks altogether (well for the most part).

I voted :)

But honestly, if you honest opinions, your best bet is to ask those with "clear skin". This is an ACNE forum, so obviously, im assuming majority of the ladies here have some degree of acne...which would deeply affect their decision on this poll.....

It's kind of similar to asking a fat person if he cares what weight his spouse...majority of plus size men will not mind, becuase they're much more open minded, however, you ask a skinny guy, and he'll probably trip at the sight of a fat woman..

get what im sayin??

I had a friend I dated in high school. A friend who was inflicted with severe cystic acne. We're talking about the permantly disfiguring type.

And I didn't care. We really hit it off and we were friends for years. It never bothered me.

Fast foward, two years AFTER high school. This friend and I had a fight and we no longer spoke to each other. He asked me "Is it my face?"

"No," I said. "It's not your face. It's the fact that you tried to sleep with my (at the time) girlfriend. THAT'S why I don't want to talk to you anymore. It was never your face."

Lots of things influence us. His face was not one of them.

LOOKS MATTER TO EVERYONE! GUYS AND GIRLS! People need to get that in their heads, but people like different things and are bothered by different things, you just have to find someone that likes how you look

Looks matter to me. But a guy can still be good looking or hot with acne or scars. I actually saw a hot guy with pretty bad acne scars the other day. I don't think it makes a huge differance to me. I kinda like scars on guys. My BF was attacked by a dog as a kid and has some really cut scars on his cheek from it :wub:

I wish it was like that for girls too. I feel so gross when my skin is bad. When I was in highschool there was a girl who had really bad cystic acne, but she was a really beautiful girl. She had beautiful eyes, really nice long hair, and an awesome body. I felt bad for her cuz everyone picked on her about her skin. I still thought she was pretty.

I cannot say looks don't matter at all, but I know for me personally, it truly had never been the thing that stood out most in someone I may have been interested in. It sounds cliche, I know, but for me it was the character/personality that attracted me most. There are many nice looking people in the world, but that is certainly not enough, for me at least, to make me want to invest in a relationship.

Sometimes we also have to be careful, because we may be strongly attracted to someone physically, but past that, there may be no other necessary ingredients to make for a healthy relationship with that person.

For sure, someone's physical appearance is the first thing we see, but I feel attitude plays a significant part, and that could add to or take away from the appearance. I really do believe that someone's heart can make them more or less beautiful.

The way in which I feel looks matter is that in a love relationship, there is something that obviously differentiates it from a friendship, and that is sexuality. This doesn't have to mean sex. It could be a simple kiss. It is this type of intimacy we share with a person that makes it different from a regular friendship. Looks matter simply in the sense that both must feel a mutual attraction to one another. They certainly do not have to be considered the most beautiful or handsome by society's standards. They simply have to feel attracted to each other, and personality can play a large role in their attraction as well. There are many bases for attraction, other than appearance.

Other than this, appearance was never at the top of my list of important qualities in a partner. Subconsciously, I may have been attracted to something in a person's physique as well, but it was not the determining factor in terms of wanting more in terms of a serious relationship.