Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi guys

my mental acne seems to have died down now, and i only seem to be getting a few whiteheads every other day. have only been on the regimen for a week.

i was wondering about shaving which i HATE as it feels so bad :wall:

is it best to shave day once a week to avoid irritation and cutting any spots, or is it better to shave more often such as every other day to keep the skin free of hair to be able to rub in BP/moisturiser better?

my skin is really red after i shave now.. was wondering if i shaved more often my skin would get used to the razor? im using a Mach3 at the moment. planning to switch to Sensor Excel as of.... now.

Thanks in advance dudes. :D

i dont shave that much because i avoid it. its a tough call whether you want a scruffy face to cover up zits or a smooth clean shaved face with acne.

i dont shave that much because i avoid it. its a tough call whether you want a scruffy face to cover up zits or a smooth clean shaved face with acne.

hey justify.. cheers for gettin back

aside from how it looks, im not sure which is better for your skin.. not shaving so often or shaving more often? irritiation vs clean skin for best ointment and moisturiser application?

My derm told me to shave every day as it's better for my skin. But I have curly hair and for me a large part is avoiding ingrown hairs, so shaving every day keeps the hairs straighter.

j

in my oppinion, it would be healthier to shave alot and apply cetaphil moisturizer. because if you don't shave then you won't be able to apply anything to your face.

in my oppinion, it would be healthier to shave alot and apply cetaphil moisturizer. because if you don't shave then you won't be able to apply anything to your face.

ah that what i thought.. im currently shaving like once a week, so i look really scruffy all the time! think ill switch to shaving twice a week and slowly build it up to every other day.

also good to know that your dermatoliogist suggested frequent shaving.. i havent seen any doctors or derms about my acne, so good to get a professional opinion passed on. cheers.

Hey i comment alot in this post but i have one more thing to say. i just got back from my derm. and i have been lazy so i havent been shaving my side burns and i only break out around my mouth and she said she though it was a good idea that i was "keeping the area clean" around the broken out areas.

Hey i comment alot in this post but i have one more thing to say. i just got back from my derm. and i have been lazy so i havent been shaving my side burns and i only break out around my mouth and she said she though it was a good idea that i was "keeping the area clean" around the broken out areas.

ah cool .. ok thanks for that. ive decided to go through the pain of shaving more often to, as your derm said, keep the area clean. am thinking this will help a lot with application of bp and moisturiser, and also to exfoliate all that dry skin around my chin. have bought the gillete sensor excel now. giving it a test drive tnite! thanks again for the info.

I use a little electric trimmer that my sister gave me, she's a hairdresser and they use it to clean up the little hairs around your neck. It works great for your face if you don't mind not having a totally clean shave, as it doesn't touch or irritate the skin, and you won't be aggrivating any acne and risking skin irritation.