Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PhnxFyreG

OTC and Accutane

So I started Amnesteem about 9-10 days ago. I've come across the widely-spoken dry lips...And I've developed some dry spots on my neck...Plus, my face gets kinda dry...As does my scalp.

So what do you guys reccommend for all this?

So I started Amnesteem about 9-10 days ago. I've come across the widely-spoken dry lips...And I've developed some dry spots on my neck...Plus, my face gets kinda dry...As does my scalp.

So what do you guys reccommend for all this?

Listed below is mostly what I use. I also have been using Aquanil Cleanser (you have to ask your pharmacist for this, or order from www.drugstore.com)

Also, I ordered off of ebay some Mary Kay Satin Lips, I had heard great things about it! So I'm looking forward to trying it.

For my head I am using Neutrogena T-Gel two times a week.

I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Sensitive Skin moisturizer and Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser. For my lips I use Vaseline Lip Therapy to great success. For my scalp, I cycle Neutrogena T-Sal with Nizoral AD :)

I use Purpose liquid cleanser. Follow that with a Clinique cream "Exceptionally Soothing Cream for Upset Skin" which combats the Accutane redness really well. (Had to use it consistently for a few days to get really good results, and it's pricey at $32 for a jar, but worth it imo.) Otherwise, any moisturizer for sensitive skin would work fine, and consider an eye cream for the eye area. I also use the Clinique Superbalm (again, pricey - $12) which is hands down the best lip balm i've ever used. Highly, highly recommended. My scalp started to flake from dryness, i picked up a Matrix brand tea tree shampoo "Sport" that took care of that in one use. For eyes, the Refresh Liquigel eyedrops rock.

I could not live without Aquaphor Ointment for my lips...I have tubes of this stuff in my purse, at home and at work, etc. Love it.

I cleanse with Cetaphil cleanser for normal/oily skin and I use the Cetaphil spf 15 moisturizer at day & Neutrogenia for Sensitive skin at night.

And for eyes, I ditto the Refresh Liquigel (mine is for contact users)...good stuff.

For dryness on the rest of the body I've found Eucerin to be the best.