Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soldier

so far so good on aha - fingers crossed

well i dont want to jinx myself with this topic but felt the need to share my experience for others so far. Right now i switched cleansers back to hibiclens and am using the alpha hydrox 10%aha lotion. Had a really bad initial breakout but i knew it was working becuase all the areas i had a breakout was where clogged pores had been sitting for a while and they were finally surfacing, i wasnt getting new blemishes in areas where there werent clogged pores already so i decided to keep at it.

I am just using hibiclens to wash and the lotion afterward my breakout is clearing steadily and no new breakouts at all just clear smooth skin i believe that the hibiclens and aha lotion is a good combo because the hibiclens is gentle at least for me and it is excellent at killing surface bacteria and then the aha is a great exfoliant which prevents clogged pores, so im not completley clear yet becuase i still have the fading marks from my purging beakout but i can tell by the lack of continued breakouts that once those marks are gone my face will be clear and i am excited so anyone nervous about trying it, yes at least for me i had a bad purging breakout but if you can get past that it seems that its a light at the end of the tunnel

good luck

well i dont want to jinx myself with this topic but felt the need to share my experience for others so far. Right now i switched cleansers back to hibiclens and am using the alpha hydrox 10%aha lotion. Had a really bad initial breakout but i knew it was working becuase all the areas i had a breakout was where clogged pores had been sitting for a while and they were finally surfacing, i wasnt getting new blemishes in areas where there werent clogged pores already so i decided to keep at it.

I am just using hibiclens to wash and the lotion afterward my breakout is clearing steadily and no new breakouts at all just clear smooth skin i believe that the hibiclens and aha lotion is a good combo because the hibiclens is gentle at least for me and it is excellent at killing surface bacteria and then the aha is a great exfoliant which prevents clogged pores, so im not completley clear yet becuase i still have the fading marks from my purging beakout but i can tell by the lack of continued breakouts that once those marks are gone my face will be clear and i am excited so anyone nervous about trying it, yes at least for me i had a bad purging breakout but if you can get past that it seems that its a light at the end of the tunnel

good luck

How long are you on the AHA lotion and how long does the initial breakout last? thanks

today is actually my 1 week mark, my initial breakout is almsot gone and now i am experienceing some pretty sweet clear smooth skin not there yet but almost, have no new blemishes since the breakout calmed down a few days ack, but be warned if you know your skin is rough underneath be prepared for a few days of bad skin but its worth once its all out

i think it all depends on how much crap was under your skin i knew i had alot of clogged pores but they werent too bad but sometimes if i caught my face in a different light i could tell there were all over, so my breakout was bad cause i knew all that shit had to come out and it finally did i stay hang in there they say it last up to 2 weeks so stick with it my face is 98% clear right now and i love it like i siad my fingers are crossed but im hoping for the best

i think it all depends on how much crap was under your skin i knew i had alot of clogged pores but they werent too bad but sometimes if i caught my face in a different light i could tell there were all over, so my breakout was bad cause i knew all that shit had to come out and it finally did i stay hang in there they say it last up to 2 weeks so stick with it my face is 98% clear right now and i love it like i siad my fingers are crossed but im hoping for the best

How bad was ur initial breakout? I am totally disgusted with mine :doh: . I am not so sure about this purging process. Won't new pimples formed under the skin while u are going thru purging? Looks like a vicious cycle to me :eh: