Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How long after stopping Retin-A does the acne return? I ask because I have I've run out of prescription and I won't be able to get a derm appointment for a while.

Back when I was on my first tube of Retin-A Micro, I began to run out a couple of weeks before my next derm appointment, so I reduced my application to once every other night until I just ran out all together. I broke out again within a week. It sucked.

Well, I've been skimping like you did and today I've got a huge nodule on my cheeck. It hurts to touch.

From what I've read, Retin A will permanently shrink the oil glands in your skin if you use it for long enough. It's basically a topical form of accutane.

Actually, retin-a does not shrink your sebaceous glands at all. It speeds up the exfoliation process of your skin, helping to prevent blackheads and whiteheads from forming. I used it for over eight years and I ended up on 'tane anyway because my skin was just as oily as it was pre-RAM.

Anyway, I took a month break from retin-a once before going back on it and I ended up going through another initial breakout for six weeks when I started back up again. Try streching out the tube you have now or call your derm and see if they'll put in a script for you without being seen. You don't want to go through another initial purging if you can help it. It really sucks!

Retin a micro worked wonders for almost three years. Then all the painful cysts came back as my body became immune to it. It didn't shrink any of my glands!

From what I've read, Retin A will permanently shrink the oil glands in your skin if you use it for long enough. It's basically a topical form of accutane.

It isn't really said to shrink oil glands. It just speeds up keratinization.

Call your derm office and have them call in an RX until your appointment. I did it a 1001 times!

How long after stopping Retin-A does the acne return? I ask because I have I've run out of prescription and I won't be able to get a derm appointment for a while.

call the office and ask if the doctor can call your pharmacy for a refill. Though I'm not sure if that works for everyone, ive never had that problem because my mom is a doctor xD

I went to the derm yesterday and I am to start Roaccutane in one week. Out with the useless Retin-A!

Retin a micro worked wonders for almost three years. Then all the painful cysts came back as my body became immune to it. It didn't shrink any of my glands!

Does your body really become immune to RAM? I've never heard of that. I was on it for 10 years prior to this accutane treatment. It seemed to still be working for me. Made my skin soooo sensitive though.

Does your body really become immune to RAM? I've never heard of that. I was on it for 10 years prior to this accutane treatment. It seemed to still be working for me. Made my skin soooo sensitive though.

No, it dosen't. If Retin-A works, it will always work; your body cannot become immune to retinoids, only antibotics.

I went to the derm yesterday and I am to start Roaccutane in one week. Out with the useless Retin-A!

Yeah I went from retin-a to accutane as well.. everything is going great!