Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hopeful lad

MILK -lets settle is here.......

If milk broke you out, you would have broken out as little kid. stop fkin worrying about what you eat, just eat a healthy diet and youll be fine.

yeah, i heard that dairy food, especially milk, makes acne worse. But we can't avoid everything, i mean, i dont think it's a proven fact, and i doubt u have acne coz of milk, so don't let the enemy control what u have on ur cereal...ok?

Surprisingly there is a large number of people who are alergic to milk and don't even know it. I've read stats that up to 50% of people are. You can beleive the statistics if you like, but rather than shoot it down without a 2nd thought why not give it a try without dairy products for a week.

Well everyone is different but in my case I believe it was milk that was causing my acne. Since I love to workout, I used to drink alot of milk with my protein shakes. I'd go through a gallon every 2 days. Sometimes my acne would get pretty bad especially around my chin area. It looked nasty and was very embarrassed by it. I've tried practically all the products on the market except Accutane and every regimen on here. The only thing that actually calmed it down was Dan's regimen.

Anyways, here's how I stubbled across milk being the cause of my acne. A few weeks back, I decided to take a break from the gym like on a Tuesday, so I stopped drinking the shakes also. At that time, I had some really bad acne on my chin area. It felt like it was like 3 or 4 all together in on area and it was quite painfull. It was so bad that it looked like my face was deformed. Well by Friday, I noticed I was starting to clear up and by Monday my acne had cleared up. Let me just note that that weekend I had only washed my face with soap and did not put anything else on it because I was out of town on business. Well because of this I decided to test the milk theory out alittle. The next 2 days I hit the gym and drank my shakes with milk and guess what. I got several white heads and felt another one coming that was hurting. Since then, I've stopped using milk in my shakes and have cleared up 99% and don't even use any BP anymore. I just wash my face twice a day. It's been a month now and have not broken out anymore.

Well as for milk being the cause of acne, it might not be for alot of people but it was for me. I wish I would have figured this out long time ago. I would have saved alot of money from the products and the milk. :wall:

Almond milk tastes great and yes, dairy is very mucous forming and causes acne in a lot of people.

Unless you are drinking raw milk, it's not the best thing to consume. I never drink it; ever.

That's not to say that I totally abstain from dairy, however, my 12 year old son has never been on cow's milk ever. His bone and jaw development is 6 months to a year ahead of his peers.

Let the Dairy Association explain that one.

in some people milk can cause a skin sensitivity due to its hormone content..but most people don't break out so i wouldn't worry too much.

I can't drink milk..but i'm lactose intolerant.

soy milk can be a good alternative, theres some with a little vanilla flavor to it. you could try that on cereal!

me, i just gave up on cereal. and ice cream :( stupid lactose intolerance (lactaid pills just don't work so well for me)

hey Tired_of_Waiting I'm also lactose intolerant I know how it is where ever you go out to eat you have to be so carful what you get, lots of hidden daity. I LOVE dairy but can't eat it. Have you ever tryed Soydream its a dairy free ice cream it so good.....but it does have a lot of sugar in it......

Rice Dream ("ice cream") is great too.

Yeah, I love both that and almond milk. Denise, why do you think your son's bone-development is so advanced? Have you been giving him calcium supplements, or does he eat lots of calcium rich foods (I imagine it's probably both :) )

I haven't done half the research many people on this site have done, but I can say that from my own experierce dairy products contribute to breakouts particularly on my chin.

What I read about milk and acne, which may not be true or not, its because of the hormones coming from the pregnant cow. These hormones stay in the milk that we drink. Who knows? :rolleyes:

:ninja::ninja: milksucks.com :ninja::ninja:

:ninja::ninja: paypalsucks.com :ninja::ninja:

Milk is not the only problem...eating cereal is a bigger problem. If you want to stop acne, stop eating cereal AND milk. Eat some eggs.

I drink almond milk. I only started 2 weeks ago but it tastes great and i prefer to stay away from cows milk since I had been breaking out so bad. I don't like the taste of soy milk. Anyone recommend any brands?

hi-- i just want to say some qucik things about food and their correlation or affect on an individuals acne. i believe that in some people (and it depends on the person and the severity of the acne) food play a major role for their acne where as others it plays not so much of a role and others it plays no role. the fact of the matter is is that dermatologists and 99% of MD's are NOT tranined in the area of nutrition there is only 1 medical school in the country that has a nutrition program. some food that will aggrevate your acne include:milk, chochlate, sugar, high fat diet, dairy products and some factors that could make acne wrose unclude: stress, fatigue, cosmetics, and drugs such as iodies and bromides. i suffer from moderate acne and benn battling it for over 3 years now i see with me that food does play a major role in my acne, and just like so many other people out there who can atest to my situation we have proven people who said acne doesnt play a mjor role on acne wrong. the truth is that nutrtion and the role of food and how it plays out in our body is a very new topic and scientist no little about it. especially in our system of medicine known as western medicine our doctors relay on drug therapy as cures not so much as natural healing or other therpies. peolpe have to realize there is a big difference from somebody who has moderate or sever acne from a person who has mild acne or just gets a couple of pimples here and then. if you have moderate or severe acne the only way to improve it is to change your lifestyle around( exercise more, eat healthy and eat the right foods) and take the drugs that your dermatologist prescribed for you . it takes a combination of both change in lifestyle and drugs that are right for you to affectly get rid of your acne.