Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naitch

off topic: contact lenses.

I bought these cool color contact lenses, but problem is I don't know if I'm wearing them right? My doc didn't do a good job explaining which way they're suppose to go in. And there's not even a label, so you know whether you're putting them in right. Anyone know how you can tell whether I'm putting them the right way? Oh, and my doc is on vacation for a few days, I can't call and ask.

I bought these cool color contact lenses, but problem is I don't know if I'm wearing them right? My doc didn't do a good job explaining which way they're suppose to go in. And there's not even a label, so you know whether you're putting them in right. Anyone know how you can tell whether I'm putting them the right way? Oh, and my doc is on vacation for a few days, I can't call and ask.

Usually, when contact lenses are inside out, you should feel it almost as if the lens is extremely dirty or something (I wear Acuvue 2). It will probably hurt a little. Also, the lens may have a number on them that can only be seen when held up to the light. Hope this helps!

1. You place it on your palm and pour saline solution on it

2. Use a clean finger to rub the surface 10 times in each direction

3. Flip it over so that the other surface is facing up..repeat 1 and 2

4. Then you place it at the tip of your index finger of your right hand

5. use your middle finger of your right hand to pull down the skin under your eye

6. Use you other hand to pull up your eyelid.

7. gently bring the lens toward your eye.

8. It should fall into place easily. If it is in your eye but not in place..use your finger to correct it.

After you get it in..you should not be able to feel it anymore. If it hurts, its probably because you got it on the wrong way. Then you should get it off and flip it over and insert.

(Thats how the optician taught me when i first got mine)

If it's inside out it won't stick to your eye, and you'll feel the discomfort. Also you can tell if they're inside out when they're in your hand, if the edges fold together you'll want to flip it the other way.

Guest mishmosh

I remember when I first got soft contacts, my eyes were running like crazy for the first couple of weeks! Took me ages to put them in too, cos I couldnt stand touching my eye! Dont give up. Better than wearing glasses.

When holding them in the palm of your hand, if there is a slight 'lip' going outwards, they are inside out. You will know if they're inside out as they will hurt like crazy!

I use 'no rub' all in one solution. Too easy to rip them if you are rubbing them whilst cleaning (the old fashioned method). If you are a woman, long fingernails and contacts dont mix! believe me!

Yeah I've been wearing contacts for 5 years now... once you have the contact balanced on your finger, you can tell if its inside out or not. when its inside out, the edges aren't as round and it looks more like a plate. when its normal, the edges look smoother.

I remember when I first got soft contacts, my eyes were running like crazy for the first couple of weeks! Took me ages to put them in too, cos I couldnt stand touching my eye! Dont give up. Better than wearing glasses.

I'm on the second month of wearing contact lenses and my eyes are still very watery when putting them and throughout the day, I feel pain in my eyes, like I dont blink enough normally and cause my eyes to dry.

Not to mention those red lines on my eyes make me look freaky!! Hopefully I get used to them soon.

It's so easy putting my left contact lenses now but for some reason, it's still taking me ages to put on the right contact lens.

haha, this reminds me of the good old days when i was just a beginner at this. Taking 30 minutes just to get the contacts on and such :P