Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys,

check out pics of affected area in my gallery first! ( http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...lbum&album=1726 )

Skin was clearing up beautifully and then i dunno wtf the fuck happened and i got this big giant dry patch below my mouth and kind of on each side of my mouth.

naturally, i stopped using my acne meds on that part (differin at night and spot treat with azelaic acid in the morn) coz it looked irritated enough.....that was like 3 weeks ago and it those dry bits are still there!

now, i would have guessed it to be eczema, but it doesn't itch at all! its just kind of red, dry and irritated...although you can't really tell that it is dry in these pictures coz i just put cetaphil moisturizer on!

but anyway its got me so depressed because when it got dry i have to start moisturizing it heaps and all this acne that was never there has flared right up!

i don't know what to do? i'm trying to be so gentle with my face the last two days but still its there! wat does it look like? just irritating skin or could it be eczema?

what can i do to get rid of it? ive got a huuuge function in three weeks and it just looks disgusting...so depressed!

any ideas guys? im drinking heeeaaaaaps of water, taking flaxseed oil, multi-v, and zinc.

should i just try like moisturizing it like 5 times a day and only washing once a day? i dunno.

any ideas would be very much appreciated!

(sorry if they pics don't show it was dry, irritated skin....its the flash and the moisturizer that probably just makes it look like inflamed acne but the acne is actually pretty mild......)

cheers!

Use cetaphil gentle skin cleanser because it's soap-free and wont dry skin out. sounds like the hrash products you are using are drying your skin out and creating more acne. I don't think you should be using two different prescriptions, and I dont think twice a day is good. Wash with a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, than apply a minute amount of an exfoliating acid ONCE a day. Clean and Clear dual action moisturizer has 0.5 SA

I'm getting a little bit of eczema around my eyelids and the corners of my eyes (i think its the change in weather) i use a little cortisone cream my Derm gave me for it and its working nicely. in the meantime i just keep the BP out of that area

I'm getting a little bit of eczema around my eyelids and the corners of my eyes (i think its the change in weather) i use a little cortisone cream my Derm gave me for it and its working nicely. in the meantime i just keep the BP out of that area

Hey mate,

with the cortisone cream, does it dry out the area at all? what does it actually do - just promote healing? will it aggrevate acne?

Cheers.

Hey! the cortisone cream isn't drying at all, very soothy for that rough painful feeling. Just remember to ONLY use it on the eczema and ONLY until it clears up as long term use of cortisone causes thinning of the skin. Get the cortisone cream from your derm. Usually only a 0.1% is used for the face, tho sometimes they will suggest a 0.5%. There are special varietys for sensitive acne prone skin.

My derm says it should NOT aggravate acne, but once again ONLY use it in affected areas for a short time.

mind you, my irritation was (its gone now) where i never get acne (my eyelids and at the corner/bottom of my eyes) but it should go for the same thing wherever it is.

Another option is metro gel which is used for Rosacea

either way, your derm has the options

You should be fine :)