Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
outdoorgirl

How long to rub in and absorb bp for you?

I'm just wondering how long it takes for the bp to get absorbed in people's skin when they are applying it for the regimen? I've been on it for over a month and I keep trying to increase to a full finger but my skin just doesn't want to or can't absorb anymore? I've tried leaving it on when it's a little moist and there is still a layer of bp there but it doesn't really blend in and absorb within 15 minutes. Anybody know what I'm trying to say? How long did it take for your skin to get up to a finger's worth also? Thanks

I just rub it in for a minute or 2 and let it absorb itself, the longer you rub it dosent seem to absorb any quicker and i dont like touching my face.

Using almost a full fingers worth takes me about 10-15 minutes. It takes patience and as long as you are letting your fingers "glide" over your skin there's no additional irritation, er, besides the irritation to your patience.

lol, im slapping on masses now, especially at night..my skin isnt dry anymore, so im sure it can cope..

but it does take ages to absorb!!

Dan says to gently rub, so your finger is hardly touching your skin...but all this does, is means your finger absorbs more too!!

now, i just put it on, rub it until the whiteness has gone, its just slick..then leave it to dry.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I feel better now about how long it's taking me for it to absorb. I do try to be gentle and take my time but sometimes I just get impatient.

I spend about three mins doing the initial rub over, then walk away for about one or two mins, then come back and really rub the rest in. My face is usually dry after that second rub in which takes like two minutes. It can be quite frustrating standing in front of the mirror trying to get my face to absorb it all right away!

abt 1 min...and it's absorbed....i don't know y...but it's damn fast for me...or are my pores too big o.O

Try rubber gloves. I don't know about you guys, but I don't like the fact that loads of what I try to put on my face..ends up absorbed into my hand. (especially annoying getting under my nails)

I guess that would take it longer to rub in, but maybe you wouldn't need to use as much. I don't use that much bp. I always use a cotton bud or rubber glove for creams. Just an idea for you. :) (I replied because of what roopoo said)

Its Bp not caustic soda,