Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest james11

This website make you paranoid?

Guest james11

Does anyone find that sometimes when you get on here and read several posts about something you are going through, it makes you feel 10 times worse about it! Like when you read stuff about it never going away, and the risks of certain foods, activities and all that? I eat a wheat, yeast, dairy and gluten free diet and consume almost no refined sugars or carbs. How the feck can i improve on that.

AHHHH sometimes it makes me go even more insane!

well the website almost KILLED me about my diet cuz i was like losing weight fast lol>............ but other then that im happy

well the website almost KILLED me about my diet cuz i was like losing weight fast lol>............ but other then that im happy

Try not to overthink it all - I know its hard. Focud on the good things you're finding and try to think positively about it all.

LOL yes! Dear god this website makes me paranoid beyond belief. I'm always terrified I am going to be stuck with my mild acne for the rest of my life.

TIP: don't read the diet stuff..it will just mess with your head. Eat what makes you happy thats the best advice i can give. I think the biggest mistake anyone can make is listening to people tell them to starve themsevles...everyone thinks they're an expert but in the end your doctor knows best. If they say food isn't an issue. eat what you want

Yeah, really. Don't try everything you read here. The moment someone tells us that they found a "cure", everybody wants to believe in it. You can't believe everything that's on here. People who starve themselves hoping thier acne will go away, or people who use urine to wash thier face is just something that they have tried, even if they pursuade you to do it. If your friend tells you that jumping off a cliff will cure your acne, are you going to do it?

I truly believe (for me personally) that obsessing over my skin issues (ie being on this website all the time) has worsened the problem. It is debated whether or not stress/anxiety effects acne, but I tend to believe it does. My story: I'm 27 yr old female, have had mild acne since puberty with an occasional cyst, used Proactiv for many years with success and was confident and recently got concerned about a few minor scars that I have on my face.

Went to the dermataologist and was prescribed finacea and retin-a micro. GUess what? Initial breakout!!! Including cysts (One of which is still here, 5 weeks later) I decided that I could not afford to have an initial breakout out and risk more scarring, so I returned to what has worked in the past, Proactiv. It's been about 3 weeks and it's still not clearing me up that well yet.

Keep in mind that all this time I have been literally obsessing over my face, scrutinizing myself in the mirror to the point that when I see how bad I look, I can literally FEEL the anxiety rush through my body. I honestly think all of this anxiety and scrutiny are contributing to the problem.

I need to try to stop thinking about my face and concentrate on the things that make me happy. I could start by staying off this website, right? Sorry for the long post, oh but it feels good to release and vent.

Heya Sassy, i hear you. i'm the exact same way. My anxiety goes nuts with things. I'll obsess over 3 pimples that others can barely see and spend hours worrying.

I have a bit of an anxiety disorder :P (and yes it has been diagnosed before people think i'm self diagnosing)

Sometimes this site is good for me tho, talking with people puts things in perspective and i know i'm not alone and this is SUCH a common problem that i don't have to feel like an outcast because i broke out this week or the next etc.