Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pinback

looking for a new face wash

well im looking for something that would be good for extremely dry skin. its not that my skin is really dry but when i wash it it gets extremely dry and i have bad clogged pores so im assuming thats caused by my dry skin. i tried cetephil but that seemed to make my skin really oily any suggestions on something that can exfoliate but not dry my skin out.. thanks alot

Klear Action, you can buy it at any CVS pharmacy, its very inexpensive, and it lasts me for about a month... It also compares with "Pro-Active"

Klear Action, you can buy it at any CVS pharmacy, its very inexpensive, and it lasts me for about a month... It also compares with "Pro-Active"

I use Provon Medicated Lotion Soap. You can buy it online at provon.com, it's a really nice antibacterial soap that doesn't dry my face out at all.

I also use Aveeno Clear Complexion bar soap. Both are good cleansers, I'd recommend either.

Another key to not drying out your skin, or at least mine, is not leaving it under hot water for long periods of time. I used to wash my face in the shower and since I've switched to washing my face and then taking a shower I'm doing alot better.

j

Almay Clear Complexion Wash, Alpha Hydrox Wash, Purpose Liquid soap, Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser has worked the best for me bu you have to use a makeup remover beforhand. Use an oil free one, but I use alcohol-free fragrance-free baby wipes and it works the best without dryness.

Almay Clear Complexion Wash, Alpha Hydrox Wash, Purpose Liquid soap, Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser has worked the best for me bu you have to use a makeup remover beforhand. Use an oil free one, but I use alcohol-free fragrance-free baby wipes and it works the best without dryness.

I second the alpha hydrox wash, it's the best non drying, non irritating wash I have found.

I would use a mild cleanser like Spectro Gel, or Dove.

really careful about using anything like "clear complextion" stuff etc., if you are using other acne medication. Some have warnings about using with other acne products. I know Spectro Acne Cleansing Pads are not to be used with any other acne medication, so read the directions.