Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vicky83

DESPERATE....ugliest red marks ever!!!

To see my ugly red marks, check my GALLERY...

I'm 22, with pale asian skin hiding underneath tons and tons of red marks and few indented scarring.

I've had these freakin bright red past acne marks that for more than 5 years, and have been covering them everyday with layers upon layers of makeup (now I try to use minerals to aid the skin, but still no luck with the redness).

Luckily my breakouts have diminished to a few due to hormones, but I am still left with its bloody casualties of war...

And recently I just met a potential boyfriend, and I really don't want him to see my disgusting red acne marks and scars underneath all my makeup.

I am tired of all those people that say they have really bad red marks, when it is not that bad.

I've been searching desperately for a cure for almost a decade, and am still searching for some hope for my skin...I wish I could just go into solitaire..I feel I should wear a Phantom of the Opera mask forever...

Somebody...please help a girl out.....

Also, I am considering the Obagi Nu Derm treatment, or just stick it out with glycolic/lactic/SA peels...What do you think is best? Any recommendations too?

Do you take any hormone pills now to keep your acne down? Or did your hormones balancing out happen naturally?

No, I dont take any hormone pills, so it must have happened naturally. But I have been changing around my diet for the better...been eating more healthy and taking my multi-vitamin a day...don't get me wrong though, I still breakout once in a while, but they are not the big, cystic ones that I had frequently before.

Lately, I have also incorporated exercise into my regular routine (just started working out everyday for the past week, as I have not had time to adjusted exercise into my schedule before), and am trying to drink lemon water and take my vitamin C's everyday....I feel like OD-ing on my "vitamin c with rose hips" so that these red marks will disappear already...=(

Anybody have recommendations for these type of red marks? Thank you.

your skin looks a bit irritated. what are you using right now on it? i wouldnt use peels on them, may make them more irritated. maybe azelaic acid might help. ive never used it, but its a prescription cream that reduces redness in rosacea and also helps with redmarks.

I have red marks very similar to yours. I myself have been using the obagi nu derm system for about 3 weeks now. No major results but it is getting better. His creams are known to be very successful. You should try them.

I have red marks very similar to yours. I myself have been using the obagi nu derm system for about 3 weeks now. No major results but it is getting better. His creams are known to be very successful. You should try them.

How long have you had your marks for, and did you breakout from Obagi?

judging from all of the advice, i can either approach obagi, peels or jessica's brush method. i really don't know which direction to go, because i do not want to further mess up my skin.

i just can't see my skin getting any better by scrubbing it with a toothbrush as it would seem too harsh, or i might as well just use microdermabrasion if i were to do jessica's treatment right?

so i think i will just go through with glycolic acid treatment/peels...that is, until i work up the nerve to go through Obagi, which i heard from many users about the trial period of redness, peeling and breakouts, and also the risk of hydroquinone (esp on sensitive asian skin)....i guess i'm too wimpy to put up the nerve to try that out now =(

hum lets see....using obagi will be safer on your face.

if you've never put any sort of acid on your face you will feel the burns and stings from GA peels. you skin will need time to adjust to the acid. the original healing time with GA peels is 2-3 days but if your a first timer its gonna be at least week until the redness cause by the GA peel calms down. you'll prolly see better results from GA peels more than obagi though.

My red marks are way worse than yours and they last a pretty long time, ive been using Glycolic Acid for over two months and i still have my red marks. Ive used Obagi Peel before, and it cost likie $200 but it made me break out really bad on my left side.

Guest pokerbugg

pa-lease thats nothing compared to what i got ...i should take a pic, mines are awful...try big half-dollar size (5) red marks spread throughout my cheeks ...now thats awful...ur marks are so easy to cover up...get a a concealer brush and some yellow concealer and spot conceal ur red marks then top it off with ur mineral makeup and trust me , no one will see em...mine on the other hand can be seen w/ certain lighting, theyre that 3-d ish

hum lets see....using obagi will be safer on your face.

if you've never put any sort of acid on your face you will feel the burns and stings from GA peels. you skin will need time to adjust to the acid. the original healing time with GA peels is 2-3 days but if your a first timer its gonna be at least week until the redness cause by the GA peel calms down. you'll prolly see better results from GA peels more than obagi though.

Thank you for your advice. I just ordered GA peel of 30%, and am currently using a GA 15% cream for the past week or so. I have also been adapting lemon into my routine masks lately, and have noticed a slight benefiting difference in my skin as well.

I don't think I'll be doing Obagi anytime at the moment from all the risks of breaking out I've heard of...seems like every 2/3 people breakout from it, from the experiences I've heard so far...

...I know alot of people have it worse than me, and I should be glad that I am alive and healthy...

I've been reading (http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=40303) and (http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=66639) to boost my self-esteem, whom I credit greatly to Jan Carlo for making these threads, and it has helped to a slight degree..which is better than nothing. So I will trrrrry to keep up a more positive image of myself and I hope others will be motivated as well.

i had a few marks from zits on my face and my mom got me acne free scar eraser for my face and it worked really good the marks were completely gone in 2 weeks u can get it at walmart for $15 its very cheap