Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trainboxer

Are our Eyes programmed not to notice the scars after a while?

When I had clear PERFECT skin, i was able to notice every new slight irregularity. But now after years of breakouts and scarring, it's hard for my eyes to notice much, except in really bad lighting I'm not used to looking at myself in or odd mirrors that I don't normally use. I remember looking at myself in the bathroom with my mother and thinking about how I didn't look bad even after all my bad skin problems. I took a pic of both of us. Later after looking at the developed pic, I was amazed at how awful my face looked. Just horrendous. How could I ever go out in public like that?

Its actually the opposite for me, before I started coming to the board I wouldn't notice many imperfections on my face, I just thought it was normal. But now every imperfection bothers me, they all have names and I can spot them much easier now.

Same goes for other people I speak to, I never noticed scars on people before I would just look into their faces, their eyes. It wouldn't register in my head that they have scars.