Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CursedSkin

Accutane and bumps from shaving........

i took accutane 5 years ago, so i dont remember if it stopped my razor bumps or not....

but i notice that razor bumps and acne are related....

you dont usually see people with clear skin with razor bumps...usually people who have razor bumps are acne prone.

for those of you who took accutane, and had razor bumps, did it take of that too?

Acne and "razor bumps" are not related. Razor bumps are due to either a bacterial infection, or more commonly due to ingrown hairs that never have a chance to "outgrow". Of course one can have both diseases at the same time, but this doesn't mean that the two are related.

Accutane will not treat the most common cause of razor bumps, as accutane will not get rid of ingrown hair.

maybe im just getting the bumps on the sides of my face confused as razor bumps....their probably just acne bumps. its kinda hard to tell whether their just plain acne or razor bumps.

Got no clear cut evidence but before i was on tane, i used to razor burn and bumps from shaving...particulalry if i shaved in the shower, but once i started tane (been on it about 2 months now) my razor bumps and burn did seem to reduce dramatically and i no longer get any shaving bumps or anything like that. Im not saying that it was definately caused by the tane but seems like a co-incidence if you ask me

Razor bumps are a pretty common problem and most people get them, unfortunately. There are a few solutions to help minimize them. If it's really that important to you- I can suggest a few products for you. They really do work pretty well, in my opinion- so maybe you'd wanna give them a try. Good luck!

Got no clear cut evidence but before i was on tane, i used to razor burn and bumps from shaving...particulalry if i shaved in the shower, but once i started tane (been on it about 2 months now) my razor bumps and burn did seem to reduce dramatically and i no longer get any shaving bumps or anything like that. Im not saying that it was definately caused by the tane but seems like a co-incidence if you ask me

Your case was most likely a case of bacterial infection (IOW folliculitis), rather than ingrown hairs. Being on accutane decreases the bacteria's available food supply, which would help in a case of infection. At any rate, you will know for sure a few months after you stop if the accutane ultimately helped.

Different bacteria guys, you generally get razor bumps... (i cant remember the clinical word for it off the top of my head), its caused from scraping of the skin, either with a blunt blade, dry skin (more prone because we are on tane).

Also a nick of the skin, can cause an acne spot sometimes... i've found that personally. Anyways some tips... try moisturising about an hour before shaving, change blade heads every 2-3days. and be sure not to repeatedly scrape over the same area too many times.

I have razor bumps as we speak lol :( i cant be bothered moisturising before shaving, then moisturising again. Anyways, best of luck.