Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm thinking about seeing an endocrinologist (sort of a hormone doctor), in hope that I can get some kind of acne diagnosis thats related to a hormone imbalance.

Has anyone else done something similar and had good results? Im sort of hoping for a meeting, some tests, and then some advice like......avoid eating / doing this, try eating and doing more of this... and then your acne will go away for the most part. Because my acne is mild-moderate and I would rather avoid using chemicals and things, and I do try and stay healthy and have definitly noticed that certain things like sugar and masturbation, when taken out of my routine, GREATLY help remove my acne.

So maybe theres some other helpful things I could do....

I'm thinking about seeing an endocrinologist (sort of a hormone doctor), in hope that I can get some kind of acne diagnosis thats related to a hormone imbalance.

Has anyone else done something similar and had good results? Im sort of hoping for a meeting, some tests, and then some advice like......avoid eating / doing this, try eating and doing more of this... and then your acne will go away for the most part. Because my acne is mild-moderate and I would rather avoid using chemicals and things, and I do try and stay healthy and have definitly noticed that certain things like sugar and masturbation, when taken out of my routine, GREATLY help remove my acne.

So maybe theres some other helpful things I could do....

Well an endocrinologist probably saved my life. I had a very high level of prolactine and was sufering from acne, facial hair. My boobs were getting too big for my body. It was horrible, Not knowing what exactly was wrong with me.I went to an vog and he told me to take Diane for one year. But I felt it was not helping me instead it was making me gain weight. I went from 50Kg to 55Kg in about 10 months. My life was an living hell. I was tired,depressed and my face was full of huge pustules.It was scared so much that i avoided mirrors. What hurt most was that people thought that my face gave them an excuse to pass awfull comments.

There are only a handfull of endocrinologists in Sri Lanka and I was finaly able to see one fine lady doc. After a lot of tests i was identified as having a prolactine secreting brain tumor. Thankfully it had not gotten too big.Gotta go now. will post tmrow

yikes a brain tumor? that sucks. for that I wont make fun of you and diane

The first doc I went to thought I had PCOS. Thats why he put me on Diane