Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi,

I have complated my accutane cycle over two years ago...

my skin is aswome, i have not complaints at all......

but i tend to get a pimple or two once in a while, i'm not too shure if it is becouse the change of weather from hot to cold ( i live in montreal, canda)

but i have been religeaouly washing my face with cetaphil face wash and moisterizing with cetihpel mositerizer everynihg and morning...seems to work perfectly.

but MY QUESTION IS... I'M LOOKING FOR A GOOD OVER TEH COUNTER EXFOLIATOR TO WASH MY FACE WITH ASWELL THEN USE MY cetaphil face wash and moisterizing with cetihpel mositerizer .

i'd recommend trying out some good ol Arm n Hammer Baking Soda. Just pour some in the cup of one hand, pour some water in the other and slowly mix the water in with the bs. Get it pretty watery, but not so much that it runs right out of your hand. Rub it on your face for less than a minute and rinse. Makes skin soft and smooth. Just an idea. It works good for me.

hi,

I have complated my accutane cycle over two years ago...

my skin is aswome, i have not complaints at all......

but i tend to get a pimple or two once in a while, i'm not too shure if it is becouse the change of weather from hot to cold ( i live in montreal, canda)

but i have been religeaouly washing my face with cetaphil face wash and moisterizing with cetihpel mositerizer everynihg and morning...seems to work perfectly.

but MY QUESTION IS... I'M LOOKING FOR A GOOD OVER TEH COUNTER EXFOLIATOR TO WASH MY FACE WITH ASWELL THEN USE MY cetaphil face wash and moisterizing with cetihpel mositerizer .

Check out Jessica Stuarts exfoliation thread. She uses an electric toothbrush with a gentle brush and cleanser on face.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=69866

I've tried it while I'm on regimen.

It works very well for me, it opens up clogged pores, removes blackheads and has removed a red mark, there for a year near my nostril.

I thought it woud make my face raw, but it didn't.

I do it once or twice a week as regimen is fine.

i can't really decide whether or not i liked jessica's regimen. it seems most people have great results from it, so i'm not knocking it at all, but it made my face look rough and seemed to cause more oil throughout the day.. I was using the oral b e toothbrush w/ Dove Sensitive Skin soap. Did it for about a week and decided to go back to the baking soda. So, it's all about trial and error. Find what works for you.

baking soda burns my skin and gives me a rash if on longer than 60sec. I recently purchased olays clarity scrub, I like it alot, it helped get rid of my dead skin. I do wash with my regular acne wash after using it though just to be on the safe side. I like the mask olay makes too.

I personally think that St. Ives Apricot Scrub is good..however, it may be a bit too much ..is your skin still sensitive from Accutane?

no, my skin is normal now, not sensitive at all anymore.. but after two yrs i get those acasional pimples, nothign big but i still get them, they don't last longbut. still.//..

i 'm really scared of tryign any of those products on my face, i went though a very hard time dealing with that acne crap. accutane killed that shit !!!!!

my skin is awasome,

i guess i'm just getting paraniod becous ei'm use to having clear clear skin the past two yrs, now i'm getting those occasinal pimnple here or there, not too shure if it's teh change of weather but......

exofilatoing i',m shur ewon't hurt.. jsut lookign of an over the counter product,..

maybe just buying the exfolator from the proactive kit...

The best exfoliators that I've ever found:

*Neutrogena Clear Pore Treatment (a Chemical exfoliator w/ 2.0% SA)

It got rid of all my little pimples (blackheads, etc. and I saw results in 3 weeks)

*L'Oreal Refinish Microdermabrasion (a Manual Exfoliator)

I only use the scrub part, and I didn't use this until I was pretty much clear. It is a really fine particle exfoliator, that helped soo much with marks and smoothed the texture of my skin.