Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disco

WOW! I can't believe this..

I've been suffering from acne since I was a junior in HS and now I'm 19. I've tried products like AcneFree, Proactiv and it doesn't work for me. So I got sick and tired of it. My mom keeps telling me teenagers around this age develops it and will go away. SO basically I got sick and tired of it and told my mom that I wanted to see a dermatologist to see if he/she can check my skin condition and prescribe me with the right treatment but nooo..she keeps denying the fact that acne develops upon our age and will go away. So basically she wants me to wait out on the acne :doubt: wait till what i'm 25? or something? I thought mothers were suppose to help you in these so call "times". what am I to do? :redface:

yeah, do it yourself, dont ask for permission, if u can afford it well then get a job and pay for it :)

At 19 you don't need your mothers permission to see a dermatologist!

lol, umm if she's got the money, he does..

who wants to see a dermatolgist? all they will tell u is to use BP or if its more serios Accutane....

my dad is kinda like ur mom tho

well I've tried many products such as Hydroalcohlic Base Benzoyl Peroxide 5%, Tretinoin Cream, USP 0.025% and other stuff. Didn't seem to work, so I'm prolly gonna have to use Accutane. My acne is like moderate to severe. Thats my guess. Just need someone's opinion on what to take you know? I'm not even sure on the procedure to get a dermatologist, I'm just going to go to my family doctor and maybe she can recommend me one? :confused:

and btw i'm car-less and moneyless (damn college) :dance: thats why i went to my mother.

derms can be very misleading. just look at all the crappy experiences people have had with derms. they make u empty ur wallet, and still don't do shit.

do dan's regimen for a month. commit to it! don't go off buying random products u don't even know about and mixing it in. stick to the regimen.

derms can be very misleading. just look at all the crappy experiences people have had with derms. they make u empty ur wallet, and still don't do shit.

do dan's regimen for a month. commit to it! don't go off buying random products u don't even know about and mixing it in. stick to the regimen.

whats dan's regiment? the 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide gel product he's selling? I'm new here so help me ;)

I was a big boy at 9, I then became a man at 16. 19 years old should atleast be pulling in 40grand a year. Well I am atleast. Doesn't take much to find a job.

geezz, u all act like 19 is so old, wtf? its still just a teen, a kid.

most 19yo are studying and living at home.

Still.. at that age you should be able to atleast schedule an appointment.. Goodness sakes..

dan's regimen is the thing on acne.org

basically u can either buy this bp gel (which is really nice btw), or u can buy this neutrogena bp cream. basicallly anything with 2.5% bp in it as an active ingredient

the regimen is basically to wash ur face with a non-irritating cleanser, wait 10 min for face to dry, apply bp. then wait 10 min, and apply moisturizer

nikkolass ive noticed, you sure have been a real forum bvuster sorry ;) just joking. just weird when you pst soemthign everyone stops tlaking lol. well you already go through hell and so do i but hey its better we joke amongst ourselves. i still dont see wating 10 minutes etc etc is even a regimen i mean it's basically washing your face and applying bp gel and them moisturizer i mean isnt that what everyones been doing anyway? but to call it a miracle just dont make sense. i do lovee the gel though