Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wildxcheerryy

Is there a kind of vitamin that helps get rid of acne?

theres a bunch of things you can try out.

b5- tried it, it worked for a bit then stopped, still take a little tho

flaxseed oil- the actual oil, 1 tablespoon twice a day. just started taking it, tastes weird but ive only heard good things

id try one of those, the flaxseed oil would be easier to get and work faster i think. makes your skin really smooth and healthy by diluting the oil in your body. combine that with some selenium, garlic (vitamin) and vitamin a.

oh i forgot to mention zinc which is like the best for your skin. zinc and selenium are a lot more likely to help and garlic and vitamin a from what ive read

theres a bunch of things you can try out.

b5- tried it, it worked for a bit then stopped, still take a little tho

flaxseed oil- the actual oil, 1 tablespoon twice a day. just started taking it, tastes weird but ive only heard good things

id try one of those, the flaxseed oil would be easier to get and work faster i think. makes your skin really smooth and healthy by diluting the oil in your body. combine that with some selenium, garlic (vitamin) and vitamin a.

oh i forgot to mention zinc which is like the best for your skin. zinc and selenium are a lot more likely to help and garlic and vitamin a from what ive read

How long does Flaxseed take to kick in?

I read on website that a lot of people have had success taking MSM supplements, haven't tried it personally tho...

Well, Vitamin A is known to help cure the acne problem. Some people used to take mega doses of it before accutane came along (which is a derivative of Vitamin A, more potent but less side effects). From what I read the side effects from taking mega doses of raw vitamin a were terrible.. much worse than you could get from accutane and not safe.

I don't know what small/regular doses of Vitamin A do for acne if anything. I've been taking a huge multivitamin for months now for a separate health problem. It contains 120% vitamin A, but most is in beta carotene, meaning it is only converted to vitamin A if the body needs it. Vitamin A is fat soluble and stores in your body for a long time and can be dangerous if you take too much. I did have a major remission of my acne about a month after I started taking the multivitamin, but it's very likely it was a coincidence since I was doing other treatments at the time. But since then my acne has gotten bad again, even though I am still taking it.

Can't say Vitamin C has done a thing in helping acne. The daily value of it is about all you can get since it's water soluble and any excess of that is excreted in urine. But I intake tons of it, not intentionally, since it's in almost any kind of fruit drink and I drink a bunch of that stuff. I probably take 700% of the daily value of Vitamin C per day.