Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imenthused281

Getting off the regimen...

Hey all, I came off the regimen about 3 weeks ago maybe a month and I'm still not getting any pimples where I was using it, does this mean I'm relatively safe and it won't come back? I hear they form in about two weeks so if I haven't broke out in a month its good right? Any information is appreciated.. im also on antibiotics and Natures Cure pills by the way. Decided BP just dries my skin and makes my skin look shitty and stresses me.

if you're not getting any new pimples, then the bp is working for you. not every experiences the initial outbreak with bp. i didn't; my face just got clearer and clearer without any breakouts. i suggest you continue with the bp for at least 3 months before you decide anything. my first month was shitty too because my face was dry and red. but now that i'm almost at the 3 month mark, i don't experience much dryness at all, only pinkness. :doh: but my face is clear and smooth so i'm very glad i didn't quit the regimen during the hard times.

are you using a moisturizer with aha like eucerin right now? if not, you should switch because the aha takes care of the dryness/flakiness almost immediately!

good luck to ya!

if you're not getting any new pimples, then the bp is working for you. not every experiences the initial outbreak with bp. i didn't; my face just got clearer and clearer without any breakouts. i suggest you continue with the bp for at least 3 months before you decide anything. my first month was shitty too because my face was dry and red. but now that i'm almost at the 3 month mark, i don't experience much dryness at all, only pinkness. :doh: but my face is clear and smooth so i'm very glad i didn't quit the regimen during the hard times.

are you using a moisturizer with aha like eucerin right now? if not, you should switch because the aha takes care of the dryness/flakiness almost immediately!

good luck to ya!

wtf? Read his post atleast..

HE CAME OFF THE REGIMEN AND ISN'T GETTING ANYTHING NEW IS HE "CURED"?

Hey all, I came off the regimen about 3 weeks ago maybe a month and I'm still not getting any pimples where I was using it, does this mean I'm relatively safe and it won't come back? I hear they form in about two weeks so if I haven't broke out in a month its good right? Any information is appreciated.. im also on antibiotics and Natures Cure pills by the way. Decided BP just dries my skin and makes my skin look shitty and stresses me.

Sounds like antibiotics have taken over the work. When you come off them it'll be interesting.

You should still cleanse twice a day to remove clogging oil and dead skin.

My neck (non-bp area) stays clear when I do that. If I skip washing my neck twice a day or dont daily wet shave, it plays up.

If you have to go back on regimen, when clear cut back on BP slowly and adjust according to if acne comes back, this will alleviate drying.

I use very lttle BP and stay clear.

Try Jessica Stuarts electric toothbrush exfoliation (Jessfoliation) if your skin looks crap.

I just ordered the BP jel and I get dry too, but when I start using it I plan on using moisturizer too. I'm just not used to applying moisturizer AFTER applying benzol peroxide. When ever I used both, I would always do the opposite. I'm not saying it did anything great for my face, it's just that I'm so not used to the idea of applying moisturizer last.

Just a note about the antibiotics.... As soon as you stop those the acne will come back. Acne is NOT curable and so whatever you find to "control" it will most likely need to be continued. It's awful for your body to take antibiotics for any length of time so they're kind of a waste imo. (And yes I've been on them...and everything else under the sun)

my acne waited a long time to come back, but it eventually did. i say keep using BP..maybe not as much as when you were fighting huge breakouts..but enough to keep your skin in check. i decided to stop using BP to focus on my redmarks and thing were going good for months but now i'm all broken out again.. (ironically at the same time of year i got my big acne attack last year)