Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Takara

Who all has tried the regimen?

I remember a couple years ago telling a friend of mine about this site and how great it was at clearing my acne. Well, I went off of the regimen after being on it for about 6 months because my face was always dry. Since then, I've tried just about EVERYTHING, never having as good of results as I did when I was on the regimen.

So a few weeks ago I went back on it and WOW my face looks good, everyone is commenting on it! This time I am using a super good moisturizer and so far, no dry skin or flakes!

Just wanted to share the good news with you all. :dance:

I remember a couple years ago telling a friend of mine about this site and how great it was at clearing my acne. Well, I went off of the regimen after being on it for about 6 months because my face was always dry. Since then, I've tried just about EVERYTHING, never having as good of results as I did when I was on the regimen.

So a few weeks ago I went back on it and WOW my face looks good, everyone is commenting on it! This time I am using a super good moisturizer and so far, no dry skin or flakes!

Just wanted to share the good news with you all. :dance:

BP never does my skin any good..I just get cystic acne from it. I never tried the regimen. I wanted to try it, but I started reading through the threads and most people who have been on it for long periods of time say that it either loses its effect on acne or it is too drying. I've even seen Dan on here asking about other things to try because he was breaking out...he might say that it might've been because he got off the regimen, but it just didn't sit well with me that the guy who swore by this is going through problems; why would he still try testing the waters by going off the regimen, if it apparently worked wonders?...i'm being skeptical because I'm trying to find something that I can rely on almost entirely. I know the regimen is not a cure, but again, if you know a treatment is working perfectly then why would you go off of it? Yeah, maybe when he first started testing the regimen, but it's been years! Just my opinion...

I tried the Regimen, but it didn't work and totally freaked out my skin. I never made it past the super red, painful, peeling stage (on it for about 5 weeks if I remember right) and there was no improvement in my acne, probably due to irritation and all the dead skin floating around.

Using Murad now with much more success -- BP just isn't for me.

I'm on the Regime, works well for me :) I did have to go off it for a bit when I tried using the Eucerin Renewal, the combination of bp and aha on my skin is BAD!! So had to give my skin a break. I also tried using a medicated cleanser each morning, but my skin just started breaking out again, so now I'm back to the Regime and it's working well again, except this time using a thinner layer of bp and that seems to be helping with the dryness. Also using better moisturizers is helping.

I think if people are having trouble with dryness, you should immediatly use a more moisturizing cleanser and moisturizer, cause those things should help you get through it.

Ive been on the regimen for quite some time now. I wash with Laroche Effaclar Foaming Wash (spelling). I have 2 tubes of Dan's BP. Seeing the derm on November 2..hoping to be put on a cream of some sort..the Regimen is working ok..its keeping everything under control, but not exactly clearing me up.

The regimen is still working great for me... legis- you aren't supposed to use a cleanser with SA in it on the regimen! You are supposed to use something gentle.. that could be why?