Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mickfoely

So the Regimen does nothing for blackheads?

If so what does? Will it have to be Accutain after all. Maybe i'll get some laser treatments to zap the oil glands and shrink them.

I need to find some way to slow down the oil production, or unclog all my pores very quickly. Bacteria doesn't seem to be a factor in my blackheads, having clean skin never did anything for me.

blackheads is just acne with a dirty face. make sure u face is clean. there's also specific topical creams for blackheads. look in the skin care section of any drugstore. walmart has a whole wall of this stuff

blackheads is just acne with a dirty face. make sure u face is clean. there's also specific topical creams for blackheads. look in the skin care section of any drugstore. walmart has a whole wall of this stuff

I have blackheads. My face is not ''dirty''. What has the oxidation of melanin got to do with ''dirt''?

what i mean was that bp doesn't help blackheads.

Anybody know anything that works for the blackheads, either slows down the oil, or breaks down the plugs?

Anyone knows a website the deals with blackheads? Everyplace seems to be just acne.

i hear salycylic acid helps with blackheads.. neutrogena has a thing called clear pore treatment which i like because it's clear (and it smells like plastic bags !!:DD).

be careful if you're going to combine the salycylic acid with the BP, the two combined can be a dry disaster. so i guess, spot treat if you need to

Guest mishmosh

the BP pushed some of mine out. Got left with small spots to remind me of them.

my pores are MUCH smaller..they used to be huge..

but they still get blocked, just because my skin is so oily.i push them all out at least once a week, as safely and gently as i can.then, i slap on my bp, and it helps prevent them getting blocked again.

I tried BP it doesn't work for me, i don't have a problem with bacteria, and i hardly ever get a pimple or zit.

It just dried out my skin and made it red.

BP doesn't slow down the production of oil, and does not remove the plugs. It may dry them out more, and some may fall out when you scrub your face.

So nobody knows of a treatment for blackheads only? What about a web site that deals with blackheads not pimples?

Anyone know of a liquid that can dissolve the pulg back into a fluid that can be washed away?

For what it's worth, the Clear Skin Regimen worked on my blackheads. I used to get them all over my nose and haven't had a single one since being on the Regimen. But I also include Jessfoliation into my routine, so that probably helps.

To get rid of blackheads, you have to exfoliate -- twice a day. Why not try the Jessfoliation method, it's cheap and easy and seems to be working for a lot of people.

Other things that help:

-- steaming

-- masks (you can find anti-blackhead masks on sephora.com and drugstore.com)

and, of course:

-- extraction.

Maybe treat yourself to a facial once in awhile.

Q

My blackheads went away overnight on the regimen. I had a whole lot on my nose and all over my chin. I've been on the regimen for a week and half and they have not come back. I could never get rid of those nasty things - no matter what I did. So i know it has to be the BP!