Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unidentified

Butter for scars???

My mom wants me to put butter on my face. :eusa_sick: Have you heard anything that retarded before??? She really thinks it will help with my scars. Doesn't she know butter will aggravate my acne problem. I guess she doesn't really understand acne cause she never had any in her life. She just wants me to put butter on my face so that she doesn't need to take me to the derm.

Well, at least she is trying to be helpful I suppose. I think if you explain to her how you feel about your scarring, you should be able to convince her that going to see a dermatologist would be the better option.

Hey unidentified ,

I know how you feel. For instance, my grandmother told me to rub my face with a sweaty shirt when I had bad acne. And that is only one of the examples.

I don't know..., maybe where you live you have different medical system,...but can't you make a derm appointment yourself?Does your mother have to come with you??

Guest pokerbugg

yea i heard about that...rub urself w/ a sweaty shirt..wtf? never made sense

Hey unidentified ,

I know how you feel. For instance, my grandmother told me to rub my face with a sweaty shirt when I had bad acne. And that is only one of the examples.

I don't know..., maybe where you live you have different medical system,...but can't you make a derm appointment yourself?Does your mother have to come with you??

Its probably a kid with no money to pay for a derm appointment. I actually have ot drive an hour to see the nearest derm in my area. My parents were real cool about me getting medicines and shit though. I guess they felt lucky that out of four kids I was the only one that got any acne and they were willing to pay whatever lol. Seriously though tell your mom to get your ass to teh doc if your scarring thats shitty.