Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sickening

I just went to a depression chat room.

I went in a depression chat room on yahoo, just looking to vent, and I have a pic of my acne on my profile. Anyhow, everyone started recommending different cleansers, products, etc. I was like, WTF? Shut the fuck up, assholes! You know, like I haven't tried everything in the world? If I hear one more, "have you tried pro-activ" statement, i'm going to fucking lose my mind! I am sick of people spouting off bullshit as if they know about the problems at hand. That's like me suggesing slimfast for an overweight person. That's like a real estate agent trying to perform surgery. I wish people would just keep quiet about things they don't have a clue about. If you don't know, simply don't offer "advice." Sympathize, yes, but don't act like you know how to solve these issues.

Just really hurtful.

I went in a depression chat room on yahoo, just looking to vent, and I have a pic of my acne on my profile. Anyhow, everyone started recommending different cleansers, products, etc. I was like, WTF? Shut the fuck up, assholes! You know, like I haven't tried everything in the world? If I hear one more, "have you tried pro-activ" statement, i'm going to fucking lose my mind! I am sick of people spouting off bullshit as if they know about the problems at hand. That's like me suggesing slimfast for an overweight person. That's like a real estate agent trying to perform surgery. I wish people would just keep quiet about things they don't have a clue about. If you don't know, simply don't offer "advice." Sympathize, yes, but don't act like you know how to solve these issues.

Just really hurtful.

maybe they just want you to help you solve your problem. sign of concern to me.

my advice?

Snap into a SLIMJIM OOooOoOOOoOoOoo YEAAAAAA!!!!

Guest tenshigirl25

did u actually say u were depressed about acne or they just looked at your photo and started giving u advice?

i guess they were trying to help u..u cantell if its help or if its an insult..so i wouldnt get upset about it. if u have acne u have to expect stupid comments or people tryig to offer their advice..i always think when this happens, it makes me stronger. coz u wont always have acne.

Just really hurtful.

i gess they were only trying the dont know what you have tryed and want now, dont get to upset about it.

I done the same kinda thing on a chat room yesterday i was asking people if scars bother them, and nobody said they did, just they add character to your face, left me abit :|

Anyways

Adam :cool:

i think they were trying to help ya

i mean, i would give an advice to someone if he-she needed it so....

I know what you mean. But for those who have no acne, it seems like it would be so easy to get rid of. Like there is any quick fix... My father once told me I should wash my face or something.. yeah right.

my dad was an acne sufferer too so he knew washin my face wouldnt get rid of it so, he just keeps sayin i shudnt pick at my face, but i cant help it!!! haha

my dad was an acne sufferer too so he knew washin my face wouldnt get rid of it so, he just keeps sayin i shudnt pick at my face, but i cant help it!!! haha

dont babe... u dont want scars, trust ads ;)

Guest james11

weird, huh?

that's me!

I think it's great that you're embracing them!

Chat rooms can be hard. Back in my junkie days, I'd visit NA chatrooms (Narcotics Anoymous). Problem was, I was visiting them all strung out and wasn't making any sense. And they kept asking me "You done yet?"

"Done with WHAT?" I'd say. "Feeling like shit?"

"Yeah. Are you done feeling like shit?" they'd say.

But that was different. Getting off drugs has a pretty standerdized set of steps - get. off. drugs. Getting clear has no such path, no quick fix. Next time they start recommending things to clear your face -

start recommending anti-depressants. Or perhaps tell them to "snap out of it." If they don't get the fact that you are suggesting just as ridiculous things to them as they are to you - find another chatroom.