Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jwilliams988

Good Looking People vs. Ugly People with acne

I first started getting pimples when I was 11-12. They were extremely mild at that time but it was always manageable until 16. I was (and still am) a very good looking person, albeit with bad acne/marks/some scars now. I was wondering whether it would be worse to be a bad looking person with acne? I mean, a bad looking person or a loser is still only a bad looking person or a loser even if he/shes got acne=no change with clear face. Being a good looking person you could be walking towards a good looking lady from a distance and notice her checking you out but you get closer and closer and her face starts to cringe in disgust and then look away. Not trying to brag or anything here, that is NOT the point of this post, but I was QUITE the ladies man before my acne got severe. I know that I've suffered a great deal (withdrawl from the female sex, less friends) but I was wondering if maybe a person who was not originally that good looking would suffer even more.

Going from great to horrible

or

Going from bad to horrible

Going from great to horrible is quite a drop and a huge blow but going from bad to just getting worse might be pretty bad too.

Opinions? Thoughts? Comments?

Guest *Clara

This whole ugly people crap is so stupid. It's like... if you're labeled ugly then there is no hope for you... :rolleyes: Someone may look ugly to you but to some others they may not. That's how I picture ugliness. Ugliness to me comes from personality but I suppose most people don't see it that way, which is a shame. So I guess it just takes most peoples common sense to answer this.

I first started getting pimples when I was 11-12. They were extremely mild at that time but it was always manageable until 16. I was (and still am) a very good looking person, albeit with bad acne/marks/some scars now. I was wondering whether it would be worse to be a bad looking person with acne? I mean, a bad looking person or a loser is still only a bad looking person or a loser even if he/shes got acne=no change with clear face. Being a good looking person you could be walking towards a good looking lady from a distance and notice her checking you out but you get closer and closer and her face starts to cringe in disgust and then look away. Not trying to brag or anything here, that is NOT the point of this post, but I was QUITE the ladies man before my acne got severe. I know that I've suffered a great deal (withdrawl from the female sex, less friends) but I was wondering if maybe a person who was not originally that good looking would suffer even more.

or

Going from great to horrible is quite a drop and a huge blow but going from bad to just getting worse might be pretty bad too.

i think going bad to horrible is worse cause you never actually experience being satisfied with the way you look.

Guest james11

or

I think your attitude is uglier than anything i've seen lately!

What is this good to bad, bad to worse shit?? All types of people are attractive in all types of ways, you can't just generalise.

This whole ugly people crap is so stupid. It's like... if you're labeled ugly then there is no hope for you... :rolleyes: Someone may look ugly to you but to some others they may not. That's how I picture ugliness. Ugliness to me comes from personality but I suppose most people don't see it that way, which is a shame. So I guess it just takes most peoples common sense to answer this.

:clap:

At the risk of sounding concieted, im a fairly good looking fellow too. And sometimes I cry when I look at myself in special lighting that shows me with nice skin, and think

"Thats never what other people will see."

And on top of that im smart, fun, and nice but people just assume im a monster because of my skin.

Guest LDanielle

This whole ugly people crap is so stupid. It's like... if you're labeled ugly then there is no hope for you... :rolleyes: Someone may look ugly to you but to some others they may not.

I especially agree with this :clap:

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.

Guest *Clara

I'm surprised anyone would ask this question. :rolleyes:

Agreed.

And ugly is not a cool word :|

Why should you follow what society tells you who is good looking and who is ugly? Everyone has their own standards of what is pretty, what isn't. Acne itself makes every person feel ugly.

And to answer your question---those who feel horribly unhappy from the very beginning, they feel worst than ever before.

Agreed.

And ugly is not a cool word :|

Why should you follow what society tells you who is good looking and who is ugly? Everyone has their own standards of what is pretty, what isn't. Acne itself makes every person feel ugly.

so do scars.. :ninja:

beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but then again many beholders have pretty bad taste.

There is a difference between New York City and an Eastern European village. There is a difference between the Carribean and a muddy pond. There is a difference between gold and rock. And there is also a difference between good and ugly people. The truth is, those who say that personality is what matters are either saying it because they are trying to make ugly people feel better, or they have pretty horrible taste.

yes ive thought about this and well, im not that ugly but am not that pretty so i dont really care rite now

The way you wrote this topic makes it sound pretty bad.... lol

but I WILL say that I had alot of confidence in my self before i had acne (i dont have acne anymore, now scars on the sides of my cheeks... how lovely)

anyway

before I had acne I was conceided, and really confident in the way I looked, now after all this I'm the total opposite.. Its effected me more emotionally than physically I think..

If I already had LOW self estem before I guess it probaly wouldn't have been as bad..

umm good to worse. its suckssss. i dont ecven try to get a g/f or talk to girls anymore tell me face is clear. i could still get a girl probly but fuck that. i mean mean hot girls have a choice. guys with clear face. guy with acne. who the fuck would u choose? lol ya but i used to get all the girls when i was younger. and now im on accutane 56 days in i think almost 2 months even. maybe soon i can actaully live a normal life. i feel like iv been in jail for the last year. for me haveing a clear face will be like getting out of prison for the first time.

Guest *Clara

Yeh, it is like being in jail.

Waiting for the acne to go away before you can start dating girls again. Its tough

If a girl can't accept you even if you have acne then she's not worth it. Though if you think you can't have one then you're wrong. ;):razz:

i wish girls would stop being so superficial and look past my looks for once...im a very smart and athletic guy but i have more than my fair share of problems too...im hideously ugly and socially inept all stemming from my acne...i try to talk to girls in my school but they all ignore or snub me...my life is pathetic :evil: