Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So last nite i took one of my best friends that ive known for about 8 years with me to another friends party at her house. I had a good time and everything, but there was this girl there who had probably mild-moderate acne all over her cheeks and her forehead. She was cute i thought the acne ofcourse doesnt really bother me but she was good looking despite it. Anyways my clear skinned ignorant best friend at the end of the nite after i asked him what he thought about her says, "Shes beat dude, it looks like she uses sandpaper as acne pads and her face is beat red." I was sitting thinking wtf? do u not know i have acne? my face probably looks just as bad as hers and i was just wondering why the hell would he say this right infront of me??? thank u

-Mark

So last nite i took one of my best friends that ive known for about 8 years with me to another friends party at her house. I had a good time and everything, but there was this girl there who had probably mild-moderate acne all over her cheeks and her forehead. She was cute i thought the acne ofcourse doesnt really bother me but she was good looking despite it. Anyways my clear skinned ignorant best friend at the end of the nite after i asked him what he thought about her says, "Shes beat dude, it looks like she uses sandpaper as acne pads and her face is beat red." I was sitting thinking wtf? do u not know i have acne? my face probably looks just as bad as hers and i was just wondering why the hell would he say this right infront of me??? thank u

-Mark

that sux! hes an idiot. u should have said sumthin !

was he drunk or sumthin? : 0

dumb things are said when someone is under the influence...i contribute to that too...i remember i was at a party once, with a few of my friends (one of which was gay)...and i remember talking about how much i hate fags (i dont tho)...i honestly didn't mean to say it, but it just came out, and i was so out of it, i never had a chance to apologize...i felt really bad that night, still feel bad to this day....

my point is, maybe he didnt intend for it?

Guest tenshigirl25

not to excuse what he said..but maybe ur acne isnt as bad as u think? or soemtimes friends dont see their friends in a bad way..like my friend is overweight. to me, she is ok..but 1 time i said something about a fat girl and i think she felt hurt. but i wasnt thinking about her when i said it, because i dont even see my friend in that way..i could just sense it after i said it. but people can say some mean things, me included.

Yeah, it happens to me too, sometimes at school, my friends will bitch about a certain girl, they would say 'omg, she's so ugly, her face is covered with acne etc' and i would think ' hey..i have acne too..and mine's at the same level as hers is'. And once i did said that to my friend who's bitching about that girl and she just goes :| but i dun think she meant to hurt me or something..

Guest *Clara

I would've done something dorky like this: :hand:

Guest james11

maybe he was sayin it for you. sayin you look better than her and can do better.

Are you serious? What that guy said is just plain and simple RUDENESS!!!! You can't excuse a comment like that, and you certainly can't justify it either.

Saying that you look better than her?? shut up cough drop. SHIT comment!

Especially given that fact that southocali is an Acne sufferer himself, that friend of his is out of place!

please...stop posting "people are ignorant" and, "people are stupid" that is not a reply to a topic thats thinking out loud. and I dont think it helps the original poster out with his situation.

ooo!! flame war!! can I join?? :D

Seriously, though, southoccali, probably your friend means that the girl simply isn't her type. He's probably not talking about your acne, but you should know him well enough to answer that question yourself.

shit comment wtf? Im just trying to put myself in his shoes. Ive got a close friend whos been friends with me for a long time even when my acne was really terrible. And he can be a little critisizing of people's appearance (never acne) but I always sort of got the impression he did it to make me feel better some of the time.

he was also probably shit faced so get over it.

bottom line is......that it just bothers me a friend would call a girl beat just cuz she has acne, so that means im ugly to cuz i have acne the probably.

No...your friend knows you personally and likes your personality so he probably sees beyond the acne and recognizes the beautiful person you hopefully are. This girls just a stranger, people diss strangers for the slightest reasons. He was probably just trying to get you to laugh.