Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chziime

I know this is a diet thing but people NEED to see this..

Guest pokerbugg

ME 2 BUT I WANNA HOW MANY OZ, CUZ I HAVE THE LIL BOXES

wow. that's really cool. thanks a lot for posting that. i eat raisins on occasion, but i never knew it could clear up acne. i have moderate acne- so i'm willing to check this out. anyone else?

if someone could post their results asap, that would be extremely helpful!

Guest pokerbugg

true i ate about 3oz last nite, im all out..im gonna go and buy some more...doenst hurt to try em out and besides i love rasins, i didnt eat em cuz im on a low carb diet but hey, i'll make an exeption with the raisins

Guest pokerbugg

yea this morn it was pretty bad....lol...but im glad i got it all out :lol2:

This is really cool. I never thought about this before. I think i'm going to try this today or something .. it sounds like a good idea! I'll keep you posted when I get some.. cuz i have moderate acne... so yeah I think i'll just eat these with lunch or something.

Guest virgo

is it okay to eat 1.5 oz a day.... will that do anything...

cuz i have a bunch of the 1.5 oz boxes and i plan on eating one a day.

Green grapes deffinately is good for your skin. Especially for making you look younger. if you look at someones' hands who pick grapes for a living, from the fingertips to the elbows look like they haven't aged. Red grapes are good for the colon, detoxifying if you will. Nature's Cure. You could try the old fashioded oatmeal mask. warm water, quaker old fashioned oatmeal, make into a paste, and apply to a clean face. let it dry up a little bit, rinse off with a warm rag, and apply a good calming moisurizer.

water, water, water, water, and water. Water is really good. helps the circulation. I quit drinking soda's. all i drink is water, and Good Earth brand green tea, I get it from publix. decaffenated.. Raisins make me want to use the bathroom.

Green grapes deffinately is good for your skin. Especially for making you look younger. if you look at someones' hands who pick grapes for a living, from the fingertips to the elbows look like they haven't aged. Red grapes are good for the colon, detoxifying if you will. Nature's Cure. You could try the old fashioded oatmeal mask. warm water, quaker old fashioned oatmeal, make into a paste, and apply to a clean face. let it dry up a little bit, rinse off with a warm rag, and apply a good calming moisurizer.

water, water, water, water, and water. Water is really good. helps the circulation. I quit drinking soda's. all i drink is water, and Good Earth brand green tea, I get it from publix. decaffenated.. Raisins make me want to use the bathroom.

uh oh what about RED GRAPES? lol

hey as i told you i had gotten raisins. It's only been 2 days so far and i've eaten two 1.5 ounce box everyday! Well anyways my mom said some of my acne looks like its going away... but i don't know what's really helping the raisins i'm eating or the face creme I bought. Because i'm using a alpha hydroxy creme which all i've heard about it is good so i decided to buy it. So anyways ill tell you what happens tomorrow.

Remember that it takes up to 2 to three weeks for your sken to fully adjust to something new when applying topically.

Ok, that's strange. Why would raisins help get rid of acne? Knowing what I do, the main contributing factors to acne seem to have to do with sebum production and proliferation of the bacteria. Vitamin A is known to reduce sebum production, which is pretty much what accutane is/does. Antibiotics are known to help kill the bacteria which is the cause of all of it.

What do raisins do for either of those things? If it does something separate, what could it be?

Here is the nutritional information for raisins, vitamins, minerals, etc for about 2/3rds of a cup:

http://www.elook.org/nutrition/fruits/2702.html

0% Vitamin A <---- not a drop, so that can't be the reason..

Raisins have plenty of trace minerals/vitamins and are loaded in carbohydrates. The highest % daily values are in potassium (31%), copper (15%), and manganese (14%).

Well i've taken a daily multivitamin for over a year that has 90% copper and 120% manganese and my acne is terrible, so that's easily ruled out. And I doubt most people are lacking at all in the carbohydrate department (I know i'm not). I don't take a potassium supplement though, but others here probably do and can rule that out.

So, if raisins cure acne, what ingredient in them is responsible and what is it doing? Surely nothing in raisins could help kill bacteria. Anyone want to take a guess?

Many times liver/colon cleanses help people's acne because they clear out the toxins in your body. It sounds like raisins could have a mild cleansing effect on your colon.

There are many contributing factors to acne, not just sebum and bacteria. Not to mention hormones..

In my opinion, sebum ----> bacteria, which gives you acne. This leaves you about four ways to prevent/stop acne:

Get rid of the sebum, (Accutane, etc)

Kill the bacteria (BP. antibiotics)

Keep the bacteria from producing by keepin a clean system (Diet, raisins, etc)

Keep pours clean (Exfoliating, etc)

Now, the raisins are a strong antioxidant which means you will be going to the bathroom a lot, now with that bacteria leaving your body so often, it may cause it from exiting the body in high sebum areas like the back, chest, arms, and face. This would prevent the sebum ----> bacteria theory, because you wouldn't have as much bacteria :D

This is just what I believe after reading all this crap about acne, I have no idea if any of this is scientifically proven its just my opinion.

And i have no idea or opinion quite yet on the mite theory :\

NOTE: This probably sounds VERY obvious, but before you bash on it, know that I'm just looking for answers and corrections to this very brief outline. Just looking for some correct facts/correlations. Thanks

Guest pokerbugg

i havent been able to get to the store (hurricane ...all stores r empty and closed) i wanna give this a try

Also, this probably sounds a bit funny or weird but your crap stinks because of the bacterias in it that help break it down in your intestines.

The guy who came up with this theory said his crap doesnt stink at all anymore, which might mean that the raisins have something that helps break down this stuff resulting in you needing/having less bacterias in your body or something. Idk, haha.