Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gttraveling

"Needling" Experts Need to Clarify

I just read on this board earlier today that the doctor who invented the roller-cit said that needling via a tatoo gun is dangerous because it actually creates scarring sub-dermally (whcih makes it loko filled, but in effect, you skin is scarred).

Can people please clarify? Is roll-cit helpful or not? Is tatoo needling dangerous, ineffective? IE: the way I see it, if tattoo needling causes scarring sub-dermally, then having rejuvination treatments afterwards will actually NOT help at all on those scars and potentiall hurt you more.

I was planning on combining needling (via tattoo gun) with fraxel to get the best effect, but thank god I read a post that cited the needling Dr in South Africa who mentioned that tattoo needling is quite dangerous and deceptive. Now I am thinking of maybe doing a roll-cit before doing fraxel... (i currently do Restylane, which I imagine is a form of a subcision, so I hope that "loosens" up my scar tissue prior).

What is Dr. Fernandes's email/contact information? It would be great to hear him explain...

Denise makes the strongest case for needling, citing even Fernandes's own work. Strangely now, he is opposed to needling (however, he recommends 1-2mm puncture, and I believe a tattoo gun goes deeper?).

The issue is one of which procedure to hit first. I've heard theories on here that the most invasive procedure should be saved for last. To achieve extraordinarly good scar revision then, one would think to do:

1) Subcision/needling

2) Then a laser like Fraxel

3) then an invasive, like dermabrasion

However, if needling actually CREATES scar tissues, this will cause severe harm to any future procedures.

I mean, after all people, isn't the reason why we will never have 100% because the scar tissue NEVER goes away? (it just gets "pushed" up and unbound, but it prevents the 100% amount of collagen to be produced). A needling only breaks up the tissue, but the tissue still stays there. I don't think even dermabrasion gets rid of the tissue, right?

Since whole threads are donated to needling and its so cheap, etc., I think it is something we need to examine further because it may be quite dangerous. I must admit, I find it extraordinarily strange that dermatologists/surgeons have not yet adopted such a "fantastic" procedure, if after all, it is all about the benjamins...

G

Since whole threads are donated to needling and its so cheap, etc., I think it is something we need to examine further because it may be quite dangerous. I must admit, I find it extraordinarily strange that dermatologists/surgeons have not yet adopted such a "fantastic" procedure, if after all, it is all about the benjamins...

Dude come on...that's a bit of hyperbolic shrieking. How can it be "quite dangerous"? I had my first needling 3 years ago and havn't had any complications. I have done both needling AND tca cross to the same scar even.

As far as derms having not adopted it, it's because it's a relatively new procedure. Most havn't heard of tca cross, either. They buy their lasers and have to pay for them!!!!

You can always contact Frank at Transitions and hear his thoughts as he travels the country training people in this procedure. I'm quite sure that he doesn't believe it's dangerous. Of course he uses a hand tool, which doesn't go as deep either. But....it doesn't give as good a results, either.

I could always ask Lilian since she has been in contact with is company about it. But I'm quite sure that Lilian has never heard Des Fernandes renounce needling with a tattoo gun and I'm quite sure that she doesn't feel that it's dangerous. I don't believe she's observed any ill effects, either.

What you do propose is so "quite dangerous" about it? Is it really any more dangerous than anything else? I highly doubt it. Getting your face shaved off with a wheel is pretty bad............ :shifty::doh:

Well all you have to do is take a look at anyone with a tattoo. Does their skin look scarred aside from the coloring? And even if it is true, who cares if the skin is scarred if it is filled in an looks like normal skin?

And even if it is true, who cares if the skin is scarred if it is filled in an looks like normal skin?

DingDingDing!!!

Johnny, give that man his prize!! :D:clap::dance::idea:;)

I'm going to have needling done by a tatoo artist for indented facial scarring, rolling and pock marks. The artist told that he would see keloid type scarring if the person would have a bad reaction to the ink. He said he could remedy this problem by going over the tatoo again and bleeding out the ink. As for scarring I very much doubt needling would scar the skin. Look at anybody with a tatoo! So as I see it- needling is safe and hopefully effective. I'll keep you posted on my results. It's hard to find a time to get it done- I work in sales and am afraid of looking like a feak during downtime. :angel:

Denise- how were your results from needling? Downtime? Thanks in advance :angel: