Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vandergraf

Bags under my eyes

if you have dark circles from genetics you can go to a derm and get laser procesure under your eyes , they zap the blood vessels that cause the leak ( leakinjg blood vessesls ) but thats only if you have BLUISH bags.

ya thats what cause my dark circles.. i have visable veins under both my eyes but in the inner corner of my eyes the veins are darker and have little strands of blood leaking out of them.. except it causes more of a reddish color in light but when theres no light shining on them its a dark color and looks terrible... visable blue blood vessels under your eyes are a genetic trait and nothing can be done for that but leaking blood vessels is caused by things such as rubbing and things can be done for that.. i got mine from chronically rubbing my eyes from allergies.

ive had htem since i was young ( ive look at my baby pics ) and mine might be causedby alergies but iu never got that chcecked out but theres 2 things you can do without going under the knife. either 2 laser treatments one of them removes the leaking blood vessels and the other get the skin thicken ( gives a message to body to produce collagen ) im sure theres cream the derm cna give out to put thikcen collagen in the eye area

Ok listen. Thanks for the comments but its NOT GENETIC. Ive only had it after applying bp under my eyes. It hasnt always been there...just after applying bp. But maybe ill go to the derm. Ive thought of that before. I saw a cream on sale made by some acne company to brighten eyes. Buts its not just red. It seems like dead damaged skin. And Im not getting fucking surgery.

imsickofit - can you keep us updated with the derm? ive been trying to get to one but had no time and wanted to hear a doctors point of view

Yea sure ill keep ya updated. Im gonna ask my mom to take me i think. I dont really like going there but...hopefully it will help. I hope they accept the fact that i want to do the regimin and dont just advise me to do antibiotics and retin a micro. Well hopefully they can give me something for these lines ugh.

Too be honest mate i dont think they can do much.

The only thing i can suggest to improve your bags is plenty of rest, eat well, drink lots of water and use a good eye creme.

Those basic but fundamental things will definately improve your bags.

Regards

J.

So, I picked up some Vita-K solution to add to my ever increasing assortment of random facial products. I'll post back with my results after using it awhile. It was ~$11 at CVS. It's just a gel that doesn't moisturize however, so you need to use moisturizer as well.

I bought this stuff from cleean and clear for brightening the eye area. It wont make me break out cuz its made by an acne company and it claims to not clog ur pores. Ill see if it works and see about going to the derm. as well.

Don't use any anti-acne product near your eyes! Use an eye cream, at least before bed. The skin around the eye is never oily, so you don't need to be careful about what type of eye cream you choose... I use one by the Body Shop, but I'm sure that Olay and Loreal make good ones you can find at the drugstore. Look for ones that claim to prevent bags: they tighten the skin. They often contain caffeine. I'm a girl, so I use concealer (Prescriptives Camoflauge Cream) and a light diffusing powder (Prescriptives Magic Powder) under my eyes to hide those dark circles...

I use Loreal Ideal Balance Cream Cleanser to wash my entire face with. It is a good, deep cleanser, but contains no SA, BP or any other medication, so its fine to use over the eye area. I save the scrubs and medicated stuff for careful use far away from my eye.

Yea well what makes me mad is that its like half an inch down under my eyes so i am breaking out there some. Its so weird. I was looking in the mirror today and i looked alright..didnt even notice my acne so much...but these lines under my eyes eeeek! Its just as bad as having bad acne. Im telling my mom ASAP to make a derm appt. cuz i wanna see what they say. I believe if i continue with the regimin i will clear and im on my way but these lines need to go NOW! Ill tell ya what the derm tells me! Thanks for the input guys.

Well i dont really use the Clean and Clear Eye Brighening thing cuz it only really covers it up and i dont even know if it does much. Im looking for something to cure it. As well the other stuff i bought i dont use because i think it makes me break out. I seem to have a lot of pimples in this red area and its not right under my eyes...like half an inch. So maybe i could use something not as stong as BP to try to make the pimples go away but then that might just contribute to the redness. I wont be able to go to the derm until the first week of January so any one have suggestions of good stuff to use for redness under eyes?